Creative Design is as old as the paleolithic cave paintings of Lascaux. Tools have evolved, but innovative expression remains.
Websites bring together a wide variety of elements in creating visual design. Color, typography, photos, graphics, buttons, messages, backgrounds, negative space, size, logos are sample elements that go into visual design.
A webpage’s design should complement the brand and the core functionality.
- Font text size
- Overall attractiveness
- Emphasis used only on the focal point(s)
- Images and layout do not create unintended “trapped” space
- Negative space separates content to increase readability / scan-ability
- Colors unify content
- Backgrounds do not distract/compete with content
- Scrolling is easy (vertical for desktop)
Interested in reading more? Check out the following post.