Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Summary of Role:
We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. Starting with a broad mechanical engineering background, you are willing to become an expert in new areas and quickly build new prototypes using novel materials, opto-mechanical design, or by integrating structures in new ways. We’re looking for a hands-on builder of opto-mechanical systems that can deal with sub-micron tolerances.
- Lead Mechanical Engineering efforts in a cross-functional team environment.
- Be able to brainstorm new architectures and converge on feasible mechanical designs.
- Build, test, and refine prototypes and/or high precision test fixtures.
- Provide mechanical guidance to greater team of researchers and hardware engineers.
- Push state of the art technologies and approaches to solving complex mechanical problems.
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience
- Experience in 3D modeling
- Experience working in a consumer electronics product environment
- Testing and analysis capability (FEA, Simulation, Zemax, Ray Tracing skills, etc.).
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques (Machining, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.).
- Experience with NX (Design, Manufacturing)
- Experience with Solidworks, 3D Modeling software
- Design and prototyping of head mounted optics systems.
- Experience setting up optical bench top assemblies including linear and angular adjustments.
- GD&T knowledge and practical application for precision optics or other components.
- Experience with mechanical and optics metrology devices such as CMM, OMM, interferometry.
- Knowledge of optics component mounting, interfaces, and adhesive bonding.
- Familiar with optics manufacturing techniques (glass lens, plastic lens, coatings).
- Knowledge of servo and electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledge of materials and structural modeling/optimization
- Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
- The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
- We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
- We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
- Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Benefits- Employee benefits at 100% including PTO, holiday pay, 401K Plan and much more!