Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate.
We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high quality work in a fast paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Summary of Role:
We are currently seeking an innovative Electrical Engineer with a passion for technology research and development to support prototyping and user studies on the cutting edge of optics, haptics, laser, and sensors at our research location in Redmond, WA.
The focus of this work is designing and building electrical components for novel devices that will contribute to long-term research and development.
- Work with other Electrical Engineers and Research Scientists to create device prototypes.
- Collaborate with other engineers to troubleshoot and consult on prototype designs.
- Improve existing research apparatuses either through iteration based on internal review or by creating a new version.
- Develop concepts, designs, and specs; present them to the team for review; incorporate review feedback
- Strong experience in rapid prototype hardware development and iteration.
- Strong experience writing firmware.
- Solid understanding of analog and digital systems, including control and sensor systems is a strong plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience in electrical engineering
- Experience with Altium. preferred.
- FW on embedded systems
- Familiarity with I2C, SPI (Ethernet PTP protocol a plus)
- General EE board level design
- Familiarity with PC architectures
- Experience with USB3 (USB3 protocol analysis a plus)
- Ability to manage an outsource vendor building a system to a spec.
- Writing of system specs
- Self-starter/ motivated/ energy
- Autonomous technologies.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company.