We are currently seeking an innovative Electrical Engineer with a passion for technology research and development to support prototyping and user studies on the cutting edge of optics, haptics, laser, and sensor at our research location in Redmond, WA. The focus of this work is designing and building electrical components for novel devices that will contribute to long-term research and development. This is a long-term engagement with no term dates.
- Work with other Electrical Engineers and Research Scientists to create device prototypes
- Collaborate with other engineers to troubleshoot and consult on prototype designs
- Improve existing research apparatuses either through iteration based on internal review or by creating a new version
- Develop concepts, designs, and specs; present them to the team for review; incorporate review feedback
- Strong experience in rapid prototype hardware development and iteration
- Strong experience writing firmware.
- Solid understanding of analog and digital systems, including control and sensor systems is a strong plus.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering
- Altium schematic (layout a plus)
- FW on embedded systems
- Familiarity with I2C, SPI (Ethernet PTP protocol a plus)
- General EE board level design
- Familiarity with PC architectures
- Experience with USB3 (USB3 protocol analysis a plus)
- Ability to manage an outsource vendor building a system to a spec
- Writing of system specs
- Self-starter/ motivated/ energy
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.