Defeat B.O.C.O. – Your Product Depends on It
To illustrate the value of a holistic UX design process, we created an immersive website. Enter the journey to defeat B.O.C.O. – “The Beast of Conflicting Opinions.”
As you scroll through DefeatBOCO.com, you’ll learn more about our recommendation of giving equal weight to both the louder and quieter voices in a room. Different stakeholders have unique ideas about the best way forward, and ideation leads to innovation.
But creative gridlock is more common than you might think. The UX design process itself is a way to resolve disagreements. It allows for “productive friction,” leading to the creation of value, rather than putting the brakes on innovation.
B.O.C.O., also known as the Beast of Conflicting Opinions, takes many forms. The first world of DefeatBOCO.com – with three worlds to follow, including Design on October 15th, Testing on November 15th, and Delivery on December 1st – concerns resolving conflicting opinions with UX research.
Journeying through the first world, you’ll find helpful insights about:
- The key role a UX researcher plays
- The value of productive friction in finding clarity and reaching consensus
- The importance of understanding a problem before trying to solve it
- The need to look at data – both quantitative and qualitative – to uncover patterns in user behavior
- The advantage you’ll have by understanding your user’s hopes, aspirations, and goals, which will allow you to design a product that solves their problem authentically
With Defeat B.O.C.O., we’re excited to share an outside-the-box illustration of the UX process. We have a deep, holistic UX process (pictured below), but we hope you enjoy our immersive journey showcasing it, created with the latest web technologies and in the spirit of continuing to push the boundaries of innovation.