Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines.
For three years in a row, Fresh Consulting has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies on the Eastside, including the #1 fastest growing business on the Eastside in 2018. In three of the last four years Seattle Business Magazine recognized us as one of the Best Places to Work in Washington. We want to continue our trend as a choice employer and service provider.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. See more at freshconsulting.com
Are you a talented Mechanical Engineer who wants to join a collaborative team of consultants delivering results across multiple verticals and technology platforms for mid-size and enterprise clients? At Fresh Consulting you will experience a dynamic work environment with a talented team, excellent benefits, and an innovative culture.
- Develop detailed mechanical designs for complex systems
- Own technical project requirements as a Technical Project Owner (T.P.O.)
- Mentorship of engineers and technicians
- Create and manage models in SolidWorks
- Build and test prototypes as well as prepare and deliver design reviews
- Design and conduct tests to validate design compliance to requirements
- Contribute to sales and proposal efforts when called upon.
- Collaborate with systems, electrical, optical, and software engineers to integrate subsystems into designs
- 8-10 years mechanical design of industrial automated machines/equipment, food processing and/or packaging equipment
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Expert in CAD, love design and concept generation. (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience with building prototypes, CNC machined and rapid prototyping, fast iterations etc.
- Requires strong design skills, managing through ambiguity, and technical problem-solving skills
- Understanding of mechanics, structures, and mechanisms
- Strong familiarity with common mechanical components including springs, bearings, gearboxes, linear guidance, etc.
- Experience with food processing
- Experience with electric motors and drives (DC brushed, DC brushless, AC, etc.)
- Hands-on – willing to work with hands when needed.
- PDM proficiency
- Extensive knowledge of instrumentation including load cells, prox. switches, laser distance sensors, etc.
- Working knowledge of safety systems & risk assessments
- Communication Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Work Ethic
Education: Bachelor’s degree in BSME, MSME preferred or equivalent experience.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made, or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities