Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Wireless PHY Layer Test Engineer
Duration: ~2 years
Location: Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
• We are looking for an engineer with good RF fundamentals who can help with module testing and antenna testing.
• Two main skills are RF (s-parameters, soldering, spectrum analyzers, etc) as well as an ability to work with scripts and automated systems such as python scripts or test equipment scripts.
• Work will be in our physical lab, sometimes helping support other engineers working remotely by setting up test stations for them.
• Oversee and execute automated conducted testing of power, EVM, spectral mask, sensitivity, blocking, and other physical layer tests for 802.11abgn/ac radios over temperature and voltage.
• Utilize Litepoint equipment, IQfact software, and existing automated systems to complete our test plans and determine if our wireless modules meet our specs.
• Modify IQfact scripts and test flows as needed to complete our test plans
• Solder pigtails and prepare DUTs, including launching pigtails off SMT pads
• Measure DUT pcb trace losses as well as input and output return losses with a VNA
• Calibrate test systems with a VNA
• Debug problems or failures found, first by ensuring our test methods and test systems are accurate, then by determining what aspect of the design should be investigated or fixed by the design team.
• Modify or upgrade test systems as needed, including working with equipment or software vendors.
• Write bug reports and provide information for design issues found.
• Work with design team and iterate on possible solutions, explain and help them reproduce the failures.
• Achieve full test coverage on multiple DUTs within our test window.
• Plot data and summarize results, present results to the team.
Passive antenna testing work:
• Disassemble, carefully solder on pigtails, and reassemble DUTs
• Use Satimo chamber to measure passive antenna efficiency, pattern, and other antenna parameters
• Generate antenna report (mostly automated)
Skills and Experience:
• 3-5+ years experience.
• Hands-on experience with RF equipment, cables, connectors, and PCBs.
• Soldering and pigtailing.
• Vector signal analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, power meters, etc.
• Familiarity with Litepoint IQxel hardware and IQfact software.
• Understanding of automated RF test systems, running scripts, parsing and plotting results.
• Able to understand and use existing batch scripts, python, labview, and other existing tools.
• Methodical and thorough approach to design verification of a product against a spec.
• Work independently with a goal of always being ready to be able to do any type of test that may come.
• Flexible to handle last-minute requests, multi-task multiple requests, and occasionally shift hours to meet deadlines.
• Data analysis ability with python or excel is a plus.
Education: BSEE or related, experience desired.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.