Fresh Portland is hiring User Experience and Interactive Designers to join our growing team. We are a design agency that partners with corporate, cultural, and institutional clients to create meaningful work that connects humans, systems, and machines.
We are hiring for junior- and senior-level positions that require demonstrated understanding of user experience principles, interface design, and typography. Our ideal applicants have design approaches that are both user-centric and forward-thinking, and enjoy close collaboration with other smart design workers. These roles are not siloed within a specific department, nor treated as pixel-pushing hands — our designers are expected to engage with all aspects of work, from concept through launch.
We view UX as inseparable from UI, an attitude which informs this role and its responsibilities:
- Assess and audit the needs, context, and opportunities of incoming projects
- Conceptualize and plan interactive systems and experiences
- Design and prototype for established and emerging platforms, including web, apps, and AR/VR
- Are an exceptional designer and critical thinker
- Care equally about content, style, behavior
- Provide and receive critique with ease and good humor
- Enjoy close collaboration across disciplines
- Are fluent in Figma or other contemporary design tools
- Are comfortable with Principle or other prototyping software
- Are interested in designing for mixed reality
- Communicate with clarity and kindness
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health / vision / dental
- Employer-matched retirement
- There are lots of snacks
- Topo Chico is on tap
- Bring your dog to work, why not
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.