Are you a Technology Director that wants to work in an amazing environment with a team of talented and creative technology professionals? If so, read on!
Who we are:
We’re a fast-paced, design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com.
What we need:
Technology Directors at Fresh Consulting lead small, highly collaborative teams to create world-class products and experiences that people use everyday. They work closely with designers, producers, product managers, strategists, and engineers to concept, prototype, and execute on a range of products.
The Technical Director delivers product vision, technical leadership, and design forward thinking to clients on an ongoing and project basis. They direct and coordinate the day-to-day agency development efforts on behalf of the client’s product and/or service on assigned accounts.
The Technical Director provides senior leadership as they structure technology solutions for clients and deliver clean, well-documented code. They bring valuable knowledge about and a passion for established best practices as well as emerging technologies.
Beyond delivering excellent technical skills, the Technical Director is a key player in Fresh Portland’s culture. Helping to create a feeling of trust, excitement, and unity amongst cross functional teams.
They actively and directly manage development staff and contractors.
This is a Full-time, Exempt, Salaried position located onsite at the Fresh Consulting Portland, Oregon office.
- Direct, uphold, and train Fresh Consulting processes in conjunction with leaders from creative services, content, and internally.
- Guide stakeholders through tech decision making with strong communication between all parties both internal and external to the agency.
- Drive the technology approach – consulting both internal teams as well as client – providing advice and counsel about the use and application of technology to a given project or experience
- Help guide and evolve creative ideas based on knowledge of technology’s influence on both the end user, the overall experience, and the client’s technical requirements and key integration points
- Evangelize tech-forward solutions and relentlessly motivates the team to put forward new ideas
- Work closely with internal client teams to develop industry-based POV’s and insights
- Responsible for managing the technical solution and stack of projects. Such projects include website development, mobile applications, hardware development etc.
- Define the technical solution best suited to a given idea and project scope – driving innovation, concept co-creation, strategy, feasibility, definition, development, execution, and program maintenance
- Develop those materials necessary to communicate and advance a given idea – this may include dataflows, workflows, technical specifications, technical audits, test plans, wireframing, hardware diagrams and rapid prototypes
- Apply risk mitigation & management of all Interactive and tech-driven programs, covering everything from front-end, back-end, server/hosting architecture and thorough technical documentation
- Ensure that tech development is running smoothly during all program phases, including conception, pre-production, during production, on site at live activations (as needed), and post production
- Maintain and communicate Technology status for client teams
- Uses a balance of business and consumer insights to identify technical solutions
- Has deep competency in many areas of technical focus: such as mobile development, full-stack/backend, web frontend frameworks, firmware, or hardware design.
- Has broad understanding of multiple areas of software and/or hardware design: such as mobile development, full-stack/backend, web frontend frameworks, firmware, or hardware design.
- Deep understanding and drive to contribute to Fresh’s culture through inspired leadership, team building, and cross department collaboration.
- Understands the nuances of brand, strategy and design thinking.
- Is comfortable leading multidisciplinary development teams with a diversity of skills.
- Shows ability to balance functional and company needs. Wears two hats simultaneously.
- Direct manager for dev staff and contractors, responsible for annual review and career development.
- 7+ years experience working as a developer or engineer, at least 2 of them directly managing technical teams (of any size)
- Smart, strategic and empathetic approach to creating products
- Confidence when presenting technical considerations with clients and internal team (both written and verbal).
- Confidence when presenting the development work of others
- Passion for leading and facilitating collaboration within multidisciplinary teams
- Willingness to facilitate client brainstorms
- Strong persuasive communication skills
- Willingness to pitch in on work as needed
- Commitment to personal growth and a willingness to adapt to new flavors of technical challenges
- Proven experience in interactive/mobile/web design or platform engineering and development.
- Familiarity with web and native technologies and how they impact design.
- Capability to work on simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.