We are Fresh. Together let’s build the future. With partners and clients, we practice strategy, design, development, and engineering to harness the power of technology and create what’s next.
Our cross-disciplinary approach blends human ingenuity and technology, empowering us to meet uncertainty with confidence. What got us to today won’t get us to tomorrow, so we test our assumptions and always strive for growth. From the products we build to the partners we collaborate with, we believe people make the difference.
And we do so as a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Why join Fresh?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, strategy, and design who are pooling our skills to build the future we want to live in. We are solving real-world problems for people by leveraging robotics, machine learning and computer vision, among other technologies, with an eye toward the end-to-end user experience. Our team is agile, diverse, and driven. We believe that the best way to solve complicated, dynamic problems is collaboratively and respectfully. Most of all, we were built from the start as a modern, high performance services partner that puts people — from our employees to our partners to our clients to their customers, first.
What you’ll be doing?
You will oversee a team of multidisciplinary strategists who deliver consistent, quality insights to Fresh’s portfolio of clients. You will collaborate with other practice area leaders to ensure that strategy is an ever-present part of our design and development process. You will also cultivate interest in strategy across the organization, across current and new clients, and help elevate, mentor, and guide the members of the strategy department across their respective growth paths — from generalist strategy to product and business strategy to design strategy.
You will successfully employ empathetic leadership skills, communicate and collaborate across Practice Areas and within the Strategy and Design department, make strategy accessible to non-practitioners and help individual contributors reach their highest potential. This position will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer, and be responsible to:
- Work alongside Pursuit Teams (multidisciplinary business development teams) to ensure that new business efforts contemplate the appropriate level of strategy resourcing and deliverables
- Work with Strategy Leads to oversee and ensure the delivery of strategy work across the portfolio of clients, ensuring consistency, quality, and accuracy of the work product
- Lead team resourcing, culture, and development meetings to share department insights, recent successes, and problem solve challenges
- Work closely with Design Studio Manager to ensure that the team is properly allocated and help anticipate additional resourcing needs to ensure appropriate time for ramping up contractors or onboarding future colleagues
- With input from the Strategy Team, create a plan for the development and distribution of thought leadership, including webinars, blogs, whitepapers, and talks to activate the vision for the department and the team
- Review outgoing new business proposals to ensure sufficient level of strategy budget allocated
- Work in partnership with Creative Directors to ensure collaboration and alignment regarding strategy direction and designed deliverables
- Conduct weekly 1:1s with members of the strategy team and other key contributors to identify growth opportunities for the department
- Work with strategy team to establish department vision, mission, mindsets, and a taxonomy of tools & methods
- Work closely with Advisory Services team to identify new and emergent business opportunities with key growth clients
We want you to have:
- At least 12+ years of strategy experience, with at least 2 years of experience in a director role with direct reports
- Minimum 5 years of experience working at a consultancy, agency, or boutique design and strategy studio
- Client-facing experience and soft skills to deliver insights to complex problems to client stakeholders, including VPs and the C-Suite
- Comfort working with the ambiguity of business challenges and providing clarity for both internal and external stakeholders for how to navigate it
- Experience working across a variety of industries, including startups, technology, mid-cap companies, and recognizable brands
- Clear, concise communicator with the ability to distill complex insights into simple and actionable directions
- Fluency in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Track record of thought leadership — from white papers to talks to webinars
- Adept facilitator and contributor to client strategy deliverables
- Experience building strategy practices as part of larger organizations
- Interest in cultivating and growing direct reports’ capabilities across a variety of strategy focus areas
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- A high integrity, values-driven Executive Leadership Team
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- HSA / HRA Options to Medical Plans
- Employee Insurance premiums paid by Fresh
- Competitive time-off plans
- Wellness program
- 401K with partial matching
- Training and development programs
- Daily catered lunch
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in action