Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines.
For three years in a row, Fresh Consulting has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies on the Washington Eastside, including the #1 fastest growing business on the Eastside in 2018. In three of the last four years, Seattle Business Magazine recognized us as one of the Best Places to Work in Washington. In 2019, Fresh acquired a Portland-based digital studio to establish a Portland presence and grow our team in strategy, design, software, and hardware capabilities. We want to continue our trend as a choice employer and service provider, in Bellevue, Portland, Austin, and beyond…
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Sr. UX Designer
Are you a talented Sr. UX Designer who wants to design engaging experiences for innovative technology? Are you energized by growing a team and mentoring other designers? Our collaborative team of consultants delivers results across multiple verticals and technology platforms for mid-size and enterprise clients, with access to projects on the forefront of change using cutting edge technology. At Fresh Consulting you will experience a dynamic work environment with a talented team, excellent benefits, and an innovative culture. In the Portland office, you’ll join a team of fun and hardworking colleagues who are eager to have your help growing our design team, executing on tricky and valuable UX challenges with the many tools design provides, and pursuing new work with clients where Fresh’s skills can make all the difference.
- Solving business problems using user-centered design methodologies
- Effectively planning and conducting user research through surveys, interviews, observations and focus groups
- Write test plan and script, conduct in-person and remote usability studies on websites and enterprise applications
- Create process flows, user flows, conceptual diagrams, information architecture, wireframes, and mockups to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Design websites, applications, and experiences for clients (mobile apps, web apps, e-commerce, marketing / campaign websites, interfaces, etc)
- Develop detailed interaction and visual design specifications and work closely with the development teams to implement them
- Lead design reviews and support other designers
- Support the Portland office design team growth by interviewing, onboarding, supporting, and mentoring new hires
- Collaborate with strategists, software developers, hardware engineers, and PMs
- Consult on client project goals and KPIs (best practices, conversion, usability, UI / UX)
- Consult on project scope with sales as part of Fresh’s “Pursuit Team” model
- Be able to juggle multiple client and internal projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction & Design, UX/UI Design, Information Studies or equivalent training and/or experience
- At least 4+ years of professional experience designing user experiences for web applications and websites
- Deep understanding and appreciation for website and web app UX/user centered design, UI design patterns and state of current technologies
- A solid understanding of current UI and visual trends
- Ability to work independently prioritize and manage work to meet project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- A solid understanding of web application and implementation
- A solid understanding of what it takes to create responsive web applications
- Experience working closely with development teams on implementation
- Possess a passion for great design, creativity, and innovation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment
Nice to Have
- Experience working with design in scrum teams
Please submit your portfolio for consideration
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.