Who you are:
Are you an experienced cloud developer and architect with a passion for delivering value to customers through leveraging the latest technologies in a simple, sustainable, scalability and secure way? Want to work with an amazing team that relentlessly focuses on solving real problems in the world? Do you enjoy raising the bar for creative, technical, and simple solutions to deliver meaningful value to mid-large size companies? If so, read on!
Who we are:
We’re a fast paced, design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
What we need:
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Cloud Architect to join our growing team. As a Senior Software Development Cloud Architect, you will partner with engineers across Fresh and clients to architect and develop performant IoT endpoint middleware to native cloud services and everything in between from software applications to databases. You will build enhancements to an existing software architecture and envision future improvements. We’re looking for someone that can present architecture trade offs, collect feedback and implement the best design within constraints. You must be able to design safety critical systems with high security as a focus. In this role, you’ll be part of the early project kickoff processes to help define the right architecture for the customer. Throughout the project lifecycle, you’ll incorporate changes into the architecture and take on a software development role to deliver on the project deliverables. The team will look to you for guidance on lessons learned and options to develop the best path forward. A strong ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is critical.
- 8+ Years of Software Development experience
- Apply first principles to develop novel and creative solutions to problems
- 2 years experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) – ROS2 preferred
- 4 years experience working with AWS IoT or Azure IoT frameworks
- Strong experience with distributed design patterns and native cloud architecture
- Experience with RTOS
- Experience developing IoT middleware (such as DDS)
- Experience with big data solutions including managing IoT data analytics
- Experience designing and/or implementing secure and reliable communication protocols
- Understanding of scalable cloud native design patterns, computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Strong understanding of product development
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong ability to communicate with customers, business and technical audiences
- Creative analytical skills – ability to “think outside the box” and move concepts to implementation
- Natively takes extreme ownership of tasks/ deliverables/ projects before identified
- High attention to detail and develops plans for the unforeseen derivative problems
- Dedication to produce clean code that validates and follows industry coding style standards
- Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
- Ability and desire to achieve impact through others by providing technical mentorship
- Experience with optimizing web pages for web accessibility
- Experience with optimizing website performance
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with working with back-end frameworks: Node, WebAPI, Django etc.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Strong UI / UX skills and understanding of Usability
- Strong design and coding skills with the ability to pick up new languages, tools and design patterns as needed