Are you a Program Manager with a background in hardware engineering? Want to work with an amazing team that consistently has a high bar for top-notch creative, technical, and engineering services on innovative projects for mid-large size companies? If so, read on!
Who we are:
Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software and hardware development company, offering end-to-end technological services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
What we need:
The Senior Program Manager, Hardware is responsible for the coordinated management of multiple related hardware engineering projects that form a program. The Senior PM works with constituent Project Managers – who are responsible to the Senior PM for the execution of their project and its impact on the program – to monitor scope, schedule, budget, and performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the client program. The Senior PM is responsible for determining and coordinating the sharing of resources among their constituent projects to the overall benefit of the program. The Senior PM is also responsible for stakeholder management, specifically Fresh’s clients who are external to Fresh.
A strong background in product development and collaborating with hardware engineering teams is critical to delivering compelling results. The primary measurement of success will center on program results that meet budget, schedule, and scope requirements while delivering superior quality that meets or exceeds our client’s expectations.
- Guide the management of multiple project teams and scope changes while balancing budgets, quality, and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure the projects within a program are on time, on budget and in scope while achieving quality by actively managing resources and progress against individual project plans.
- Assist in the definition of program scope, objectives and ensuring feasibility, involving all relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Develop and report a detailed program plan to monitor and track progress.
- Successfully cultivate and manage strong relationships with the client and all stakeholders.
- Coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of programs.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Manage changes to the program scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate project management methods and methodologies.
- Serve as a translator between individuals and teams through a balance of technical acumen and superior communication skills.
- Work with constituent project managers of a program to communicate program issues and progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that goals, expectations, and work plans are clear and understood.
- Keep project teams and management informed on program budgets, timelines, and deliverable expectations.
- Work with customers to rectify challenging project or relationship situations and smooth tensions.
- Measure program performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Proven ability to successfully lead large, complex programs and project management teams that deliver solutions on schedule, within budget constraints, and within scope while achieving the content quality requirements for the program.
- Strong engineering or product development background required.
- Experience in managing and interacting with various engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical, firmware, and embedded systems and related processes.
- Understanding of end-to-end product development and Product Lifecycle Management best practices.
- Organized and resourceful with great time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to bridge individuals and teams.
- Strong conflict resolutions skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Financial experience with program and project budgets/spreadsheets.
- Track record of excellent follow through and accountability.
- Contribute to and advance the use of project management best practices, methodologies, and tools.
- Experience working with multiple project management methodologies including waterfall, agile, and hybrid.
- Experience in managing and interacting with various product development disciplines including, industrial design, UX/UI design, software development, and engineering (e.g., electrical, mechanical, systems).
- Experience working with online project management tools or software.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of instrumentation, automation, robotics, or LabVIEW preferred.
- Hardware R&D experience is a plus.
- Experience in product development within consumer electronics, test systems, or robotics is a plus.
- Experience in working with CM/OEM/ODM vendors in product development preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or System Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience as a Project, Product or Program Manager in a hardware engineering, product development or consulting environment.
- 5 years of experience managing project teams of 15 to 20+ employees/contractors.
- Professional certification, education from a PMI accredited organization, or demonstrated equivalent professional experience is required.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made, or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.