Are you a talented Mechanical Engineer who wants to join a collaborative team of consultants delivering results across multiple verticals and technology platforms for mid-size and enterprise clients? At Fresh Consulting you will experience a dynamic work environment with a talented team, excellent benefits, and an innovative culture.
As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer you will be architecting, designing and delivering solutions for our customers as part of our in house hardware consulting team. Our customers bring us challenging projects across a broad spectrum of industries including medical devices, consumer products, Industrial IoT, industrial automation, and mobile robotics. You will formulate creative solutions that meet our customers needs while working closely with an interdisciplinary team. Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies to dynamic startups.
Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines.
For three years in a row, Fresh Consulting has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies on the Eastside, including the #1 fastest growing business on the Eastside in 2018. In three of the last four years Seattle Business Magazine recognized us as one of the Best Places to Work in Washington. We want to continue our trend as a choice employer and service provider.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. See more at freshconsulting.com
- Develop detailed mechanical designs for complex systems
- Own technical project requirements as a Technical Project Owner (T.P.O.) Manage client interaction on a technical level and work with project managers to ensure project success.
- Mentorship of engineers and technicians
- Create and manage models in SolidWorks
- Build and test prototypes as well as prepare and deliver design reviews
- Design and conduct tests to validate design compliance to requirements
- Contribute to sales and proposal efforts when called upon.
- Collaborate with systems, electrical, optical, and software engineers to integrate subsystems into designs
- 8+ years product development of high tech industrial, consumer products and precision test equipment
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Expert in CAD, love design and concept generation. (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience with building prototypes, CNC machined and rapid prototyping, fast iterations etc.
- Requires strong design skills, managing through ambiguity, and technical problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience in the development of plastic components for injection molding and similar high volume manufacturing processes.
- Experience with material properties and material selection based on application requirements.
- GD&T knowledge and practical application of engineering tolerancing
- Experience with high volume manufacturing and production tool qualification.
- Knowledge of manufacturing assembly processes, component mounting, interfaces, fastening and bonding.
- Understanding of the practical application of thermal modeling and computational fluid dynamics
- Experience in mechanical design, analysis, and test of consumer electronics products.
- Working knowledge of integrating PCB and electrical components into overall product design.
- Hands-on – willingness to work with hands and lead by example.
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485, ISO 9001, UL, CE and other applicable standards for consumer products.
- Knowledge of automation, servo and electro-mechanical systems
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical tolerance analysis and Designed Experiment Techniques
- Significant experience with thermal modeling and computational fluid dynamics
- SolidWorks PDM proficiency
- Communication Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to operate in an Ambiguous environment
- Work Ethic
Education: Bachelor’s degree in BSME, MSME preferred or equivalent experience.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made, or any other status protected by law.
Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.