We are Fresh. Together let’s build the future. With partners and clients, we practice strategy, design, development, and engineering to harness the power of technology and create what’s next.
Our cross-disciplinary approach blends human ingenuity and technology, empowering us to meet uncertainty with confidence. What got us there today won’t get us to tomorrow, so we test our assumptions and always strive for growth. From the products we build to the partners we collaborate with, we believe people make the difference.
And we do so as a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Why join Fresh?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our skills to build the future we want to live in. We are solving real-world problems by leveraging robotics, machine learning and computer vision, among other disciplines, with an eye toward the end-to-end user experience. Our team is agile, diverse, and driven. We believe that the best way to solve complicated, dynamic problems is collaboratively and respectfully. Most of all, we were built from the start as a modern, high performance services partner that puts people — from our employees to our partners to our clients to their customers, first.
What we need:
As a Senior Industrial Designer, you will work on various projects from engineering prototypes to production products. Multidisciplinary projects are expected at Fresh. Ideally, you’re an experienced collaborator. You seek out the “why” and implement design solutions accordingly. You love to craft the story and vision of a product. We want someone who can challenge engineering assumptions to help us create superior product experiences. We’re looking for someone to join us with a passion for great design, creativity, and innovation.
- Execute full-process client and internal projects from product planning through production
- Implement research-based design solutions on technical projects
- Operate on multidisciplinary teams and collaborate across departments
- Generate high-quality assets within research, ideation, concept sketching, CAD modeling, 3D rendering, physical prototyping, design specifications
- Interface with clients and stakeholders to facilitate relationships and drive projects
- Manage/source vendors and manufacturers to deliver custom parts, models, and products
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience as an Industrial Designer
- Demonstrable abilities in research, storytelling, sketching, visualizations, and production
- Thorough knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and production
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of innovative and visually appealing product designs
- Proficiency in design softwares such as Adobe Suite, Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot, or other equivalent softwares
- An understanding of materials, manufacturing processes, and prototyping techniques
- Experience working closely with multidisciplinary engineering teams
- Experienced in physical prototyping, mockups, and appearance models
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage work to meet project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to balance multiple clients and internal projects simultaneously
- Excellent sketching and rendering skills to effectively communicate design concepts
- Strong problem-solving abilities and ability to think critically about design challenges
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present and articulate ideas and concepts clearly
- Independent Problem Solver – you are able to be creative and solution-oriented
Please submit your portfolio link for consideration.
For a Washington-State-based role, the base salary hiring range for this position is $80,000 to $125,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.