Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
As a firmware engineer you will be responsible for creating and maintaining firmware running on consumer electronics, industrial control systems and mobile robotics platforms. You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product architecture, design, bring-up and test: write, debug, and integrate new device drivers, protocols, and other firmware code across embedded systems. Interacting with Hardware, Test, UI/UX, AI/ML, and various other cross-functional teams. Review board schematics and data sheets. Utilize oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other test equipment to troubleshoot hardware/software issues. Enable test strategies for new products and systems.
- Ownership of system design and firmware development on a variety of hardware projects and development platforms.
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Implementation of complex algorithms or control routines on embedded systems.
- Writing programs and scripts as necessary to test embedded systems.
- Work closely with various core tech teams and other organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and products.
- Provide mentorship to mid and junior level firmware developers on the team
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years’ experience with driver and board-level system software development
- Experience with board bring up and systems debugging
- Experience in solving non-trivial embedded problems under time pressure
- Experience with ARM based processors and micro-controllers and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Familiarity with debugging tools such as bus analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Experience with protocol design, specification, and implementation
- Ability to debug and problem solve in unfamiliar code bases and environments
- Experience with system software on embedded devices
- Experience with cameras and optical systems
- Experience with embedded Linux software development
- Experience with drivers for embedded Linux based systems
- Experience with RTOS implementation on embedded systems
- Experience with ROS development for robotic platforms.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.