Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Summary of Role:
We are currently seeking an innovative Electrical Engineer with a passion for technology research and development to support engineering projects including product development, robotics, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation and automated test systems at our research location in Bellevue, WA.
- Work with other Electrical Engineers and Research Scientists to create products and systems.
- Collaborate with other engineers to troubleshoot and consult on prototype designs.
- Improve existing research apparatuses either through iteration based on internal review or by creating a new version.
- Develop concepts, designs, and specs; present them to the team for review; incorporate review feedback
- Strong experience in rapid prototype hardware development and iteration.
- Experience writing firmware.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve failures in electronic circuits
- Solid understanding of analog and digital systems, including control and sensor systems is a strong plus.
- Experience managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Experience developing test plans and strategies, including the generation of statistical analysis and reports.
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience in electrical engineering
- Boards design, schematic capture and layout experience (Altium., preferred.)
- FW on embedded systems including bare metal C and OS/RTOS development.
- System and hardware architecture experience.
- Familiarity with software architectures and implementations.
- Familiarity with I2C, SPI Ethernet, USB, and industrial communication buses
- Working knowledge on IoT Strategies , standards and protocols. BLE and WiFi experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with PC architectures
- Ability to manage an outsource vendor building a system to a spec.
- Development of system/project requirements and specifications.
- Self-starter/ motivated/ energy/multitasking
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.