Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Summary of Role:
We are currently seeking an innovative Senior Electrical Engineer with a passion for technology. Focused on product development to support engineering projects including robotics, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation and automated test systems at our Bellevue, WA location.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams including Electrical engineers, Mechanical engineers and Software developers to create products and systems while meeting project schedule milestones.
- Lead and collaborate with other engineers to troubleshoot and consult on prototype designs.
- Create hardware and software architectures from client’s requirements
- Develop concepts, designs, and specs; present them in design reviews; incorporate review feedback.
- Participate in other project design reviews and provide design feedback for team members
- Mentor team members: electrical engineers and electronic technicians.
- Strong experience in rapid prototype hardware development and iteration.
- Experience writing firmware.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve failures in electronic circuits.
- System and hardware architecture experience.
- Development of system/project requirements and specifications.
- Solid understanding of analog and digital systems, including control and sensor systems is a strong plus.
- Experience managing internal and external vendors and consultants.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience in electrical engineering.
- Boards design, schematic capture and layout experience. (Altium., preferred.)
- Experience leading small engineering teams (4-6)
- Experience working with Mechanical engineers to design products and systems
- FW on embedded systems including bare metal C and OS/RTOS development.
- Familiarity with software architectures and implementations.
- Familiarity with I2C, SPI Ethernet, USB, and industrial communication buses.
- Working knowledge on IoT Strategies, standards and protocols.
- BLE and WiFi experience is a plus.
- Experience with design verification, gage R&R testing methodology.
- Familiarity with PC architectures.
- Ability to manage an outsource vendor building a system to a spec.
- Experience developing test plans and strategies, including the generation of statistical analysis and reports.
- Self-starter/ motivated/ energy/multitasking.
- Experience with submitting a product for compliance testing. (FCC, UL, CE)
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.