Do you love solving real world test, manufacturing and logistics problems at scale through the application of automated and robotic solutions? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale manufacturing, assembly, test, and logistics challenges in the world today? Do you want to lead, impact, and influence the development of how the future of work is done through automation based technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and users to unlock and enable new business models, build new services, provide new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
Are you an Automation Engineer or have a strong background in automated systems deployed in high volume manufacturing environments? Want to work with an amazing team that consistently has a high bar for top-notch creative, technical, and engineering services on innovative projects for mid-large size companies? Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? If yes, you will fit right in here at Fresh Automation.
Who we are:
At Fresh Automation, we are hyper focus on solving real world problems in novel ways that our customers face. We are a team of automation, manufacturing, robotics, test, and product development engineers who are defining and creating how the future of work is done to help solve common problems at scale, where automation is the right answer. Through our creative, technically minded driven spirit, we are on a mission to become the premier manufacturing and logistics automation integration partner in the world.
Fresh Automation practice is part of Fresh Consulting, which is a design-led, hardware and software development engineering company, offering end-to-end services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We have been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
What we need:
In this role, you will combine your passion and enthusiasm for developing unique and novel automated solutions for our clients’ manufacturing and test needs. You will work alongside Fresh customers and partners to build automated solutions, identify industry wide technical trends, help guide strategic technical decision making, and be a key leader influencer for the Fresh Automation team.
In our Emerging Automation Practice, you will work closely with our Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Robotics and Service Engineering teams as well as our IoT experts to build automation solutions for Fortune 500 as well as small/medium manufacturing clients. As a member of the Automation team, you are responsible for maintaining context and working knowledge of technology used throughout the sector, developing novel solutions and translating those designs into reality. You are responsible for the developing and maintaining the interfaces between disconnected components and acting as the glue to pull together a solution. You will act as the technical domain expert across our solution space for our clients and our team members. You will also have the opportunity to demonstrate your industry wide thought leadership through the webinars, creation white papers, blogs, build demos and other reusable collateral that can be used by our customers.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience engineering and developing automated solutions for the high throughput manufacturing assembly, test, and logistics space. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer open questions. You should be able to work well with clients to understand the business requirements and relevant solution paths that will enable customers to realize favorable returns on their automation investments.
- Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and creating packaged Automation service offerings.
- Imagine bold possibilities and work with our clients and partners to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through Automated solutions.
- This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed. Must be willing to travel to client project sites, for project meetings, equipment installation, commissioning, startup, debug, service, upgrading of systems. Demonstrate project leadership, high value and concise client communication and project ownership as part of a client project team.
- Developing and maintaining Automation team best practices, mentoring and supervising automation engineers, identifying key areas of opportunities for continued learning and fostering a positive growth mindset attitude within the team.
- Ensure that features and deliverables meet project milestones and exceed operational, cost, and quality requirements and goals.
- Define, analyze and review software requirements to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards, ensuring the customers’ return on investment is realized within their desired time frame.
- Design software architecture, interfaces and implement functionality, modeling and simulating when possible to demonstrate feasibility prior to implementation.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in planning design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility.
- 4-8+ years of experience in the design of manufacturing control systems for automated assembly, test processes, work cells, factory industrial automation, and electromechanical process flow applications including instrumentation, control logic, PLC and PLC development environments, SCADA, industrial control systems, and control systems documentation.
- Experience in architecting and developing system requirements and specifications ensuring projects are executed and built to the specifications using standard techniques and approaches.
- Experience in developing system control solutions using common PLC and HMI programming tools and environments, such as Rockwell Allen Bradley (Controllogix and CompactLogix), Siemens (S7-1200/1500, TIA Portal) or similar.
- Experience in developing system control solutions using common development approaches such as ladder logic, structured text, instruction lists, sequential flow charts and function block diagrams.
- Proficient with a variety of field bus networks including but not limited to DeviceNet, Ethernet I/P, Profibus, ProfiNet.
- Experience in developing, optimization techniques, and deploying into production, vision based solution.
- Experience in developing and deploying multi-station, integrated assembly and test process flow solutions.
- Ability to support project work scoping, cost estimating (engineering services, BOM components, and capital costs), proposal development, marketing, and business development efforts.
- Engineering degree in a related field such as computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, robotics, mathematics, or physics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to demonstrate this in technical and collaborative client interactions.
Experience developing physics and time based simulations.
Experience with industrial robotics programming and control systems.
Familiarity with data architecture, storage, transport, remote access and dashboarding solutions.
Cloud based data access and dashboard tools enabling remote access.
Additional familiarity with other programming languages and data analysis tools.
Education: MS/PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.