We are Fresh. Together let’s build the future. With partners and clients, we practice strategy, design, development, and engineering to harness the power of technology and create what’s next.
Our cross-disciplinary approach blends human ingenuity and technology, empowering us to meet uncertainty with confidence. What got us to today won’t get us to tomorrow, so we test our assumptions and always strive for growth. From the products we build to the partners we collaborate with, we believe people make the difference.
And we do so as a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Why join Fresh?
We are a group of design-led tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and creative who are pooling our skills to build the future we want to live in. We are solving real-world problems by leveraging robotics, machine learning, and computer vision, among other disciplines through a human-centered approach to end-to-end user experience. Our team is agile, diverse, and driven. We believe that the best way to solve complicated, dynamic problems is collaboratively and respectfully. Most of all, we were built from the start as a modern, high-performance services partner that puts people — from our employees to our partners to our clients to their customers, first.
What you’ll be doing?
The Fresh Operations Specialist is an integral part of our business and is a key position to help us grow our impact and effectiveness for our customers. We are in growth mode and we need exceptionally talented, growth-minded, kind, and driven people to join our team and help us scale. This role will report directly to our COO and indirectly to our Software Practice Area Leader.
As an Operations Specialist, you will work with Software Practice Area Leadership, Sales, Recruiting, and Business Operations to execute the resource management & demand management program, and manage key operational activities that enable our practice leadership to focus more time on our customers and team. You will manage daily responsibilities independently and influence multiple internal stakeholders. You will continuously improve resource management processes and functions and actively participate in relevant workstreams that improve our customer delivery.
The ideal candidate will possess a mix of consulting, strategic planning, analytics, and operations background. They must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are able to roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done. In this role, you will anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role. In this role, you will:
- 70% Resource & Demand Management
- 20% Process, Tools, & Reporting
- 10% Culture
Resource & Demand Management
- Manage resourcing requests through the vetting and prioritization process, working closely with Practice Area Leadership to ensure the right people are identified for incoming projects
- Lead weekly reviews with practice managers, team leads, sales team, and market leaders to plan employee assignments, review availability, work through conflicts, and identify opportunities for our employees to further contribute
- Handle staffing escalations from start to finish ensuring that the business is supported throughout the process and the resource management process is followed
- Proactively spot forecasted bench time for employees and work with our Operations Management team to ensure we are optimizing time on the right client or internal opportunities
- Work cross-functionally to define, refine and review resourcing hiring plans by monitoring planned forecast & availability, evaluating incoming demand, and assessing project status to inform plans. Leverage best available staffing options.
- Drive system and process improvement initiatives to strengthen the resource management process within the practice and identify regular opportunities to adapt as the business grows
- Constantly monitor resource assignments and timesheet data to ensure accuracy of forecast to reduce estimated vs. actual time
- Administer our Resource Management tool and serve as frontline support for team members to maximize the use of the tool
Process, Tools, & Reporting
- You will identify gaps in our process and drive continuous improvement efforts that optimize our developer’s day-to-day workflow and improve productivity.
- Work with Practice Leadership to create quality process, and help drive implementation and measurement to ensure quality for successful delivery
- Provide availability and supply analysis for Practices, Sales, and Project Management, including compiling & analyzing resource management reports
- Prepares monthly & quarterly reports on business outcomes & KPIs, supporting Practice Leadership with defining, tracking, and resolving operational risk
- Oversees the strategic and tactical prioritization of design initiatives and workflows
- Proactively develop and provide formats, templates, or tool recommendations for maturing & improving the Practice Area
- Works collaboratively with HR for recruiting and onboarding to quickly engage and grow our employees, ensuring new team members are successfully assimilated into our team and organization
- Work collaboratively with Finance in planning and maintaining the budget for the Software Practice Area.
- Support team change that takes place as we grow and evolve as an organization, working with our Change Management Office and employees to ensure change is successfully implemented and sustainable
- Leads the Software Operations function, ensuring effective decision making, cross-functional collaboration, and a positive team environment
- Create employee engagement activities that boost morale, retention, and support a strong team culture
- Coordinate team’s training schedule with our managers so our team continues to grow their skills and knowledge
- Build strong relationships across our organization, helping to foster cross-discipline integration and collaboration
We want you to have:
- 2+ years Resource Management experience, or relevant Professional Services Operations, Sales Operations, Human Resources, or Logistics experience
- 2+ years overall business experience
- Familiarity with forecasting processes and tools
- Ability to manage, educate, develop and consult with internal clients
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, influence, and conflict management skills
- Skilled in the use of spreadsheet tools e.g. Google Sheet, Excel
- Experience creating slide decks for internal presentation
- Detail-oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters
- Experience collaborating on the design and implementing process improvements
- Continuous improvement mindset and problem solving
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Superior analytical written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact positively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in working both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Analytics or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in a product or consulting organization is a plus
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- High integrity, values-driven Executive Leadership Team
- Smart, kind, and growth-minded culture committed to one another’s success
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- HSA / HRA Options to Medical Plans
- Employee Insurance premiums paid by Fresh
- Competitive time-off plans
- Wellness program
- 401K with partial matching
- Training and development programs
- Daily catered lunch
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in action