We are Fresh. Together let’s build the future. With partners and clients, we practice strategy, design, development, and engineering to harness the power of technology and create what’s next.
Our cross-disciplinary approach blends human ingenuity and technology, empowering us to meet uncertainty with confidence. What got us to today won’t get us to tomorrow, so we test our assumptions and always strive for growth. From the products we build to the partners we collaborate with, we believe people make the difference.
And we do so as a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Do you love solving real work problems through robotic technologies? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale robotics challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new robotics technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners leverage robotics as a service to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
Who we are:
At Fresh Robotics, we focus on solving real world problems that our customers face. We are a team of robotics, software, mechanical, electrical engineers as well as program managers and technicians who are not only developing solutions for our clients, but also developing a robotics integration, interoperability and operations platform, to help solve common mobile automation problems at scale. Through our creative, technically minded driven spirit, we’re on a mission to become the premier robotics integration partner.
Fresh Robotics is part of Fresh Consulting, which is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
What we need:
In this role, you will lead software development for our hardware practice area. You will combine your passion and enthusiasm for robotics, cloud technologies, IoT, industrial automation, open-source software and hardware technologies. You will work alongside Fresh customers and partners to build SaaS and RaaS solutions, identify industry wide technical trends and help guide strategic technical decision making for client projects and Fresh products.
In our Emerging Robotics Practice, you will also have the opportunity to create white papers, blogs, build demos and other reusable collateral that can be used by our customers. You will work closely with our Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Cloud and Service Engineering teams as well as our Data Scientists and IoT experts to build robotics, IoT, Test and automation solutions. As leader of the software development team within hardware, you are responsible for maintaining context and working knowledge of technology used throughout the sector, developing novel system designs and translating those designs into reality. Your primary focus will be to lead the other software engineers through good software development lifecycles and practices, code reviews and mentoring. You will be responsible for attracting, retaining and growing key talent for the software team within hardware. As the lead, you are responsible for bringing together solutions and workstreams to deliver on solution architectures. You will act as a technical domain expert across our solution space for our clients and our team members.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with software development, simulation, services design and architecture and evidence of developing cloud and edge technologies. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer open questions. You should be able to work well with clients to understand the business requirements and relevant solution paths.
- Lead the hardware team’s software development group through vision, strategy, technical amplitude, mentoring and operations
- Attract, retain and grow key talent across the software development team within our hardware practice area
- Solutions – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and creating packaged Robotics service offerings
- Design and architect software solutions for cloud, IoT, automation and robotics applications
- Design custom RESTFul API’s
- Design services including storage queues, middleware communication and messaging systems
- Design CRUD based services for database management
- Audit testing frameworks for CI/CD and unit tests as part of test driven development
- Lead the direction of the team’s software development best practices and systems
- Insights – Work with Fresh engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and develop technology roadmaps
- Push the envelope – bring together diverging architectures and solutions into a well designed architecture while working through technical tradeoffs
- Imagine bold possibilities and work with our clients and partners to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through hardware and software solutions
- This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed
- Support development and release schedules to meet dynamic quality goals
- Ensure that features and deliverables meet and exceed quality requirements across products
- Define, analyze and review software requirements to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in planning design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
- 10 years of experience leading software development teams for hardware applications
- 8-15 years experience in C++ and Python programming, software design and architecture, and will have successfully driven projects to completion
- 8 years experience developing Cloud/IoT/robotics software to interface with sensors, actuators, hardware and or aggregate large data sets
- 5 years of experience conducting system design and architecture of high performance, distributed and highly available cloud services or IoT devices
- Expert experience with Template Metaprogramming, STL and concurrency
- Strong understanding of OOP, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- We are looking for candidates who will actively look for and solve interesting challenges
- BS/MS in computer science, computer engineering, robotics, mathematics, or physics
- Excellent understanding of Cloud services
- Experience developing software on Linux
- Highly-motivated team player with evidence of technical leadership and strong technical collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Desire to be part of a fast-moving start-up and work in a fast-paced, collaborative, environment with few rigid boundaries
- Evidence of excellence through deployment of IoT solutions
- Experience developing physics based simulations
- Experience in 3D mathematics and video game programming.
- 3D geometry (Structure-from-Motion, photometric geometry, light transport)
- Experience with GPU programming using CUDA, OpenCL or equivalent
- Familiarity with programming embedded devices
- Experience with image processing, computer vision, machine learning and reinforcement learning
- Developing fleet management systems, using ROS2 and MAVLink or similar architectures
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in Action
Fresh product strategy Microsoft Delta Bot