We are Fresh. Together let’s build the future. With partners and clients, we practice strategy, design, development, and engineering to harness the power of technology and create what’s next.
Our cross-disciplinary approach blends human ingenuity and technology, empowering us to meet uncertainty with confidence. What got us today won’t get us to tomorrow, so we test our assumptions and always strive for growth. From the products we build to the partners we collaborate with, we believe people make a difference.
And we do so as a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Why join Fresh?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, strategy, and design who are pooling our skills to build the future we want to live in. We are solving real-world problems for people by leveraging robotics, machine learning, and computer vision, among other technologies, with an eye toward the end-to-end user experience. Our team is agile, diverse, and driven. We believe that the best way to solve complicated, dynamic problems is collaboratively and respectfully. Most of all, we were built from the start as a modern, high-performance services partner that puts people — from our employees to our partners to our clients to their customers, first.
What you’ll be doing?
- Lead and manage development teams, providing guidance, support, and coaching to ensure high performance and productivity.
- Set performance goals, conduct regular performance evaluations, and provide ongoing feedback and mentoring to developers.
- Manage and allocate resources effectively, ensuring proper workload distribution and resource utilization.
- Identify the right skills from the team members that are needed for projects.
- Assist the interviewing and hiring process to ensure we hire the right team members.
- Determine project tools according to best practices and project needs
- Monitor the project’s progress and timely delivery
- Ensure proper DevOps, QA and SDLC processes are being applied to the project
- Ensure software quality and help with key architecture decisions on projects
- Collaborate in driving product delivery strategy based on core features and requirements.
- Consult on system architecture and cloud infrastructure for our clients
- Consult on client project goals (technology stack, development workflow, QA process, deployment strategy, etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize infrastructure, streamline processes, and improve system reliability and efficiency
- Facilitate the integration of applications with cloud-based services and infrastructure.
- Implement deployment pipelines and ensure full integration with QA best practices, reporting, etc.
- Ensure scalability, reliability, and security of cloud-based solutions.
- Implement and enforce security measures and best practices to protect our systems and data, including vulnerability assessments, access controls, and encryption techniques.
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues using tools such as Datadog or other monitoring tools.
- Some travel may be required
We want you to have:
We are seeking an experienced and skilled Software Development (SWD) Manager to lead and manage our development teams. As an SWD Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the software development process, ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality applications. Your technical expertise, leadership skills, and ability to coach and manage developers will be critical to the success of our development initiatives.
At Fresh Consulting you will experience a dynamic work environment with a talented team, excellent benefits, and an innovative culture.
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Several years of experience consulting clients on solutions
- Hands-on DevOps experience with primary cloud providers and large, complex projects
- Proficiency with AWS
- Proficiency with Azure
- Strong understanding of software architecture principles and patterns, with the ability to guide the technical direction of applications.
- Expertise with infrastructure-as-code and Terraform to manage cloud resources and deployments
- Extensive experience in designing, configuring, deploying, managing & automating AWS Core Services like S3, IAM, EC2, ECR & ECS/Fargate, Route53, SNS, SQS, ELB/ALB, CloudWatch, Lambda, VPC, Secrets Manager, DynamoDB, DocDB (Mongo), RDS / Aurora (MySQL, PostgreSQL), RDS (MSSQL)
- Proficiency with Docker
- Proficiency with Shell Script
Bonus Skills (not required):
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Bitbucket Pipelines/Repository
- Experience with GraphQL, QLDB
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- Experience with ETL process
- Experience with Data Analysis
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with Control Plane platform
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and Google Data Studio
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira, Wrike, Asana, and MS Project
- Experience with Scrum, XP, or other agile methodologies
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- High integrity, values-driven Executive Leadership Team
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- HSA / HRA Options for Medical Plans
- Employee Insurance premiums paid by Fresh
- Competitive time-off plans
- Wellness Program
- 401K with partial matching
- Training and development programs
- Daily catered lunch
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
For a Washington-State-based role, the base salary hiring range for this position is $130,000 to $170,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in action