Do you love solving real work problems through robotic technologies? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale robotics challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new robotics technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners leverage robotics as a service to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
Are you a Senior Robotics Architect or have a strong background in mechatronics, robotics software development? Want to work with an amazing team that consistently has a high bar for top-notch creative, technical, and engineering services on innovative projects for mid-large size companies? Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? If yes, you’ll fit right in here at Fresh Robotics.
Who we are:
At Fresh Robotics, we hyper focus on solving real world problems in novel ways that our customers face. We are a team of robotics engineers who are not only developing solutions for our clients, but also developing a robotics integration and “robotics as a service” platform, to help solve common problems at scale, where robotics and automation is the right answer. Through our creative, technically minded driven spirit, we’re on a mission to become the premier robotics integration partner in the world.
Fresh Robotics is part of Fresh Consulting, which is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
What we need:
In this role, you will combine your passion and enthusiasm for robotics, cloud technology and open-source software and hardware technologies. You will work alongside Fresh customers and partners to build RaaS solutions, identify industry wide technical trends and help guide strategic technical decision making for Fresh robotics products.
In our Emerging Robotics Practice, you will also have the opportunity to create white papers, blogs, build demos and other reusable collateral that can be used by our customers. You will work closely with our Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Cloud and Service Engineering teams as well as our Data Scientists and IoT experts to build robotics solutions. As the Robotics Architect, you are responsible for maintaining context and working knowledge of technology used throughout the sector, developing novel architectural solutions and translating those architectures into meaningful solutions to develop clarity for the team. You are responsible for the developing and maintaining the interfaces between disconnected components and acting as the glue to pull together a solution. You will act as the technical domain expert across our solution space for our clients and our team members.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with robotics solutions architecture, robot simulation, Robotic Operation System and Software development on cloud and edge. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer open questions. You should be able to work well with clients to understand the business requirements and relevant solution paths.
- Solutions – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and creating packaged Robotics service offerings
- Insights – Work with Fresh Robotics engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and develop technology roadmaps
- Push the envelope – bring together diverging architectures and solutions into a cohesive product roadmap in partnership with Product Management, and drive technical leadership by planning system integrations and working through key technical tradeoffs
- Imagine bold possibilities and work with our clients and partners to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through Robotics solutions
- This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed
- Support development and release schedules to meet dynamic quality goals
- Ensure that features and deliverables meet and exceed quality requirements across products
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Computer Engineering
- 10+ or more years of IoT/large-scale robotics implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps
- 8+ years’ experience in software development, with special emphasis in robotics application development or related technologies
- Current hands-on implementation experience required
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
- Experience in deep reinforcement learning for locomotion and planning control
- Experience in IoT, machine learning, robotics
- 5+ years experience in a customer-facing role
- Professional experience architecting systems for real world applications and simulation
- Ability to lead effectively across organizations
- Working knowledge of ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012, ANSI B56.5-2012
- Proficiency with SQL, SolidWorks, MS Project, Visio, Azure DevOps, PowerBI
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.