Senior Firmware Engineer
Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Duration: Project – Long-Term Vendor
Location: Onsite Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Should have a good understanding of Linux kernel.
– Capable of working on bootloader, AOSP, drivers and HALs for an HMD device.
– Design, develop, and test kernel sub-systems and device drivers.
– Improve SoC performance and power efficiency.
– Customize the AOSP to meet design goals.
– Participate in design reviews and code reviews for embedded software and firmware teams.
– 5+ years experience.
– Experience writing C and C++ in embedded environments
– Ability to investigate and debug issues in embedded environments down to hardware level.
– Familiarity with common signaling protocols found in embedded systems, such as I2C and UART.
– Familiarity with USB at a low level, through USB 2.0 at least.
– Familiarity with common build systems, linkers and debugging tools for embedded environments.
– Familiarity with revision control systems such as Git and Mercurial.
– User-level familiarity with Linux systems; kernel level familiarity is desirable.
– Should be able to work independently with limited direction to meet project goals.
– Working experience with RTOS.
– Experience in python or other script language
Education: MSCSE, MSEE, BSEE/BSCSE required.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Range $55/hr – $80/hr.