Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Duration: Project – Long-Term Vendor
Location: Newark, CA (Bay Area)
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
Must be onsite and proof of vaccination is required.
– Contribute to the design of overall software system architecture to establish a stable foundation for middleware and applications.
– Evaluate hardware and software components from potential vendors, interact with partners to develop and support the board, device drivers, and boot loaders.
– Develop and modify product specific kernel and device drivers.
– Configure memory mapping and interrupt routing for efficient OS and middleware operations.
– Develop unit test cases. Diagnose, analyze, and resolve issues.
– Optimize the virtualized operating environment and tune the platform subsystems for key use cases.
– A minimum of 7 years of industry experience in system software development.
– Advanced knowledge of OS internals (process scheduler, memory management, concurrency, synchronization, memory allocation, file system, networking, storage, system architecture).
– 5+ years of experience developing in C/C++ and shell scripting.
– Fluency in source code management, unit test, code review, and issue tracking systems.
– Hands on experience configuring, troubleshooting, and optimizing embedded systems and middleware.
– Mastery skills in Linux development environment with GNU toolchain.
– Expert in embedded system development using RTOS (QNX preferred) and embedded Linux or Android.
– Working knowledge with Hypervisor and virtualization technologies in embedded usage (QEMU, Virt I/O, safe partitioning, secure IPC).
Education: MS/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical engineering or related field or equivalent experience
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.