Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines.
For three years in a row, Fresh Consulting has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies on the Eastside, including the #1 fastest growing business on the Eastside in 2018. In three of the last four years Seattle Business Magazine recognized us as one of the Best Places to Work in Washington. We want to continue our trend as a choice employer and service provider.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. See more at freshconsulting.com
We are looking for a talented SENIOR DevOps Engineer who can apply their skills and experience to build and run world class SaaS environments, hosted in AWS, Azure, or GCP.
The ideal candidate will have experience in supporting infrastructure tools, automating software deployments and improving the continuous integration process in addition to working closely with the agile engineering teams to ensure products are secure, highly available and scalable. This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a highly-motivated individual who possesses a solid development/deployment/operations services background. The ideal candidate possesses strong problem-solving skills, a breadth of industry best-practices knowledge, and the knowledge to lead projects and others.
- Design, provision, and deploy, and manage infrastructure in one or more cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Support our need for always improving our Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery practices.
- Consulting with management on the operational requirements of software solutions.
- Contributing expertise on information system options, risk, and operational impact.
- DevOps Continuous Monitoring and analysis of running environments (dev, staging, production.)
- Experience with containerization including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with infrastructure as code e.g. Terraform.
- Manage certifications, keys and domain names for the environments in AWS
- Backup and recovery best practices and policy setting
- Manage Linux webservers and as part of containerization using Docker.
- Mentoring junior software developers in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities.
- Documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field, with additional relevant IT professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- Masters degree in related field preferred
- 5-6+ years’ in progressively responsible software engineering and DevOps experience
- Extensive experience in DevOps engineering, team management, and collaboration.
- Windows and Linux operating systems knowledge/administration background
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical/ problem-solving skills oriented around trouble resolution and root cause analysis
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.