Robotics Engineer – Controls (Mid Level)
Do you love solving real work problems through robotic technologies? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale robotics challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new robotics technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners leverage robotics as a service to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
Are you a Robotics Engineer or have a strong background in mechatronics, controls, or robotics software development? Want to work with an amazing team that consistently has a high bar for top-notch creative, technical, and engineering services on innovative projects for mid-large size companies? Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? If yes, you’ll fit right in here at Fresh Robotics.
Who we are:
At Fresh Robotics, we hyper focus on solving real world problems in novel ways that our customers face. We are a team of robotics engineers who are not only developing solutions for our clients, but also developing a robotics integration and “robotics as a service” platform, to help solve common problems at scale, where robotics and automation is the right answer. Through our creative, technically minded driven spirit, we’re on a mission to become the premier robotics integration partner in the world.
Fresh Robotics is part of Fresh Consulting, which is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
What we need:
In this role, you will combine your passion and enthusiasm for robotics, open-source software and hardware technologies. You will work alongside Fresh customers and partners to build RaaS solutions, identify industry wide technical trends and help guide strategic technical decision making for Fresh robotics products.
In our Robotics practice, you will also have the opportunity to create white papers, blogs, build demos and other reusable collateral that can be used by our customers. You will work closely with our Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Cloud and Service Engineering teams as well as our Data Scientists and IoT experts to build robotics solutions. As a member of the robotics team, you are responsible for maintaining context and working knowledge of technology used throughout the sector, developing novel solutions and translating those designs into reality. You are responsible for the developing and maintaining the interfaces between disconnected components and acting as the glue to pull together a solution. You will act as a technical domain expert across our solution space for our clients and our team members.
The ideal candidate will have experience with robotics engineering, robot simulation, Robotic Operation System and Software development on cloud and edge. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer open questions. You should be able to work well with clients to understand the business requirements and relevant solution paths.
- Work closely with robotics engineers to develop and test autonomy features for our autonomous robots in Robot Operating System (ROS) Middleware
- Work with the robotics and hardware teams to define, analyze and review software requirements to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards
- Design software its interfaces and implement functionality
- Own the development efforts of robotics simulation features, as needed, to support development efforts
- Research and integrate existing robotics software libraries with our software stack
- Write efficient software that interacts with real hardware such as actuators, sensors and other components e.g. hardware testing and monitoring systems, end of line testers, autonomous robot components
- Participate in code-reviews through pull requests, pair-programing, and problem solving with teammates.
- Ensure that features and deliverables meet and exceed quality requirements across products
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in planning design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
- BS/MS in computer science, robotics or related STEM fields.
- 3+ years professional experience
- 3+ years of experience developing robotics software in C++ and/or Python programming
- Experience with software design and architecture
- Strong understanding of design patterns and Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Hands-on experience with LiDAR, IMU, GPS, Stereo Cameras and other robotic sensors
- Experience developing, simulating, and deploying solutions on mobile robots and robotic arms
- Excellent understanding of ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment
- You have a history of owning parts or the whole project and have successfully driven projects to completion
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with navigation/path planning and SLAM/mapping algorithms.
- Experience with image processing/computer vision and related libraries like OpenCV/PCL.
- Experience with machine learning libraries like TensorFlow/Pytorch.
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- High integrity, values-driven Executive Leadership Team
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- HSA / HRA Options to Medical Plans
- Employee Insurance premiums paid by Fresh
- Competitive time-off plans
- Wellness program
- 401K with partial matching
- Training and development programs
- Daily catered lunch
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in action