We are Fresh. Together let’s build the future. With partners and clients, we practice strategy, design, development, and engineering to harness the power of technology and create what’s next.
Our cross-disciplinary approach blends human ingenuity and technology, empowering us to meet uncertainty with confidence. What got us today won’t get us to tomorrow, so we test our assumptions and always strive for growth. From the products we build to the partners we collaborate with, we believe people make a difference.
And we do so as a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Who we are:
At Fresh, we hyper-focus on solving real-world problems in novel ways that our customers face. We are a team of robotics engineers who are not only developing solutions for our clients but also developing a robotics integration and “robotics as a service” platform, to help solve common problems at scale, where robotics and automation is the right answer. Through our creative, technically minded driven spirit, we’re on a mission to become the premier robotics integration partner in the world.
Why join Fresh?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our skills to build the future we want to live in. We are solving real-world problems by leveraging robotics, machine learning, and computer vision, among other disciplines, with an eye toward the end-to-end user experience. Our team is agile, diverse, and driven. We believe that the best way to solve complicated, dynamic problems is collaboratively and respectfully. Most of all, we were built from the start as a modern, high performance services partner that puts people — from our employees to our partners to our clients to their customers, first.
What we need:
We are looking for a Robotics Director to lead our Robotics division here at Fresh. The ideal candidate should be able to support engineering consulting and robotics development programs through the full project life cycle. As a consulting team we have the opportunity to solve interesting and challenging problems for a wide variety of clients. Our directors craft these engagements and support the team all the way to successful completion.You will drive thought leadership for our robotics offering by keeping the team on top of the rapidly developing robotics market and technology landscape. In partnership with marketing and business development you will lead the growth of Fresh Consulting in the robotics and AI/ML space.
40% Program leadership, project leadership and delivery execution
- Guide our multi-disciplinary teams through the successful execution of projects and programs in partnership with our project management team and discipline leaders.
- Provide technical guidance to the team in making high impact design choices throughout the development cycles
- Collaborate with internal and external team members to plan and execute on key deliverables across the product and client book of work
- Advisor for architecture, technical project planning, and strategic guidance on engineering implementation and delivery
- Develop and connect technical roadmaps to measurable outcomes through a deep understanding of business and innovation goals
- Lead through demonstration of design, architecture and engineering best practices
- Manage risks related to people, technology and processes
25%-Business development & account key management
- Develop, manage and adapt the business plan and strategy of the robotics offering to ensure marketing position of capabilities as people, market, and company objectives change
- Guild and synthesize industry research to formulate strategy and positioning
- Collaborates with the sales team to expand our client base and grow into new strategic business sectors and partnerships
- Partner with our business development team to identify opportunities, approaches, support clients engagements and architect novel solutions focused on modern robotics and AI/ML for our customers.
- Support the sales funnel and provide leadership to quote development
20% Practice Area strategy, management, & planning
- Conduct, collect and synthesize industry research to formulate long term strategic objectives, plans, and strategy to drive long term growth
- Drive YOY robotics practice growth through investment in client, team, and technology while adapting to market and business dynamics
- Advisor for prioritization of client projects & internal initiatives
- Supports the recruiting and hiring process (with HR)
15% People management, mentorship & delivery excellence
- Manage, grow, and empower our team of engineers and developers by demonstrating excellent team leadership skills. Our directors and managers mentor and guide our team members in aspects of technical development, personal/career growth, and project execution skills.
- Focuses on the professional development of the HW leadership group, is aware of team management, and helps promote culture and morale (in collaboration with HR)
- Focuses on removing obstacles from the team that impedes our ability to deliver results against all thresholds (profit, quality, on time, team & client health)
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering, or other relevant fields
- Experience implementing robotic and/or IoT solutions at scale. Including aspects of the planning, development, operation, and business functions.
- Experience in customer-facing engagements
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
- 8+ years’ experience in robotics application development or related technologies
- Current hands-on implementation experience required
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
- Experience with any of the following: Machine Learning, Motion & Path Planning, ROS
- Professional experience architecting systems for real world applications and simulation
- Prior experience in a managerial or directorial capacity
- Experience working with human-centered design and product/design/innovation strategy, or a deep desire to learn about and advocate for it
- Prior experience in a creative agency or consultancy work setting
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- High integrity, values-driven Executive Leadership Team
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- HSA / HRA Options to Medical Plans
- Employee Insurance premiums paid by Fresh
- Competitive time-off plans
- Wellness program
- 401K with partial matching
- Training and development programs
- Daily catered lunch
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $175k to $225k. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in action