We are Fresh. Together let’s build the future. With partners and clients, we practice strategy, design, development, and engineering to harness the power of technology and create what’s next.
Our cross-disciplinary approach blends human ingenuity and technology, empowering us to meet uncertainty with confidence. What got us to today won’t get us to tomorrow, so we test our assumptions and always strive for growth. From the products we build to the partners we collaborate with, we believe people make the difference.
And we do so as a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Who we are:
At Fresh Robotics, we hyper-focus on solving real world problems in novel ways that our customers face. We are a team of robotics engineers who are not only developing solutions for our clients, but also developing a robotics integration and “robotics as a service” platform, to help solve common problems at scale, where robotics and automation is the right answer. Through our creative, technically minded driven spirit, we’re on a mission to become the premier robotics integration partner in the world.
Why join Fresh?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our skills to build the future we want to live in. We are solving real-world problems by leveraging robotics, machine learning and computer vision, among other disciplines, with an eye toward the end-to-end user experience. Our team is agile, diverse, and driven. We believe that the best way to solve complicated, dynamic problems is collaboratively and respectfully. Most of all, we were built from the start as a modern, high performance services partner that puts people — from our employees to our partners to our clients to their customers, first.
What we need:
We are looking for a Robotics Director to lead our growing Robotics division here at Fresh. You will capitalize on global market opportunity, create value for customers and position Fresh for success by creating a Robotics and AI practice/ organization by pursuing and delivering on the mission of Empowering people, Saving the planet, and Exploring the universe.
Leads our Robotics Team and has decision-making authority across this team.
Reports to, and partners with Hardware Engineering Director to lead operations health, process, estimation, scheduling, and resource allocation, people issues, project performance, hardware tools, and design reviews.
Partners cross-functionally with Sales, Internal Ops, Finance, HR, and internal Innovation to integrate with related Robotics efforts.
- 10% Practice Area strategy, management, & planning
- 25% People management, mentorship & delivery excellence
- 50% Program, and project leadership and delivery execution
- 15% Business development & account key management
Strategy & Growth
- Develop robotics discipline ensuring marketing position of capabilities
- Develop, manage to and adapt the robotics business plan and strategy as people, market, and company objectives change
- Drive YOY robotics practice growth through investment in client, team, and technology while adapting to market and business dynamics
- Manage the P&L of the robotics book of work and drive to defined metrics
- Conduct, collect and synthesize industry research to formulate long term strategic objectives, plans, and strategy to drive long term growth
- Optimizing Team, Projects, Process, and Tools across the Robotics & Engineering group with overall accountability for Robotics.
- As needed, guides PMs and Leads to set goals, plan projects, build a timeline, and stay within budget.
- Attract, retain, grow, lead and manage a diverse and inclusive team
- Cultivate the growth mindset of our team members and drive a high-performance culture with accountability and extreme ownership
- Empower team, develop clarity, generate energy and manage the business
- Provide technical guidance to the team in making high impact design choices throughout the development cycles
- Collaborate with internal and external team members to plan and execute on key deliverables across the product and client book of work
- Drive continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth
- Develop safety and quality-driven development culture
- Develop improvements to processes and tools that increase team impact
- Support and drive company-wide alignment and improvement initiatives
Partners cross-functionally with Sales, Internal Ops, Finance, HR, and internal Innovation to lead related efforts
- Collaborates with the sales team to expand our client base and grow into new strategic business sectors (with Bus Dev)
- Strengthen and support the existing client base
- Support the sales funnel and provide leadership to quote development
- Develop new client partnerships and strategic engagement initiatives
- Supports the recruiting and hiring process (with HR)
- Collaborates with Sales, PMs, and Ops on resource allocation & management, in support of Book of Work prioritization
- Advisor for prioritization of client projects & internal initiatives by advising on Book of Work.
- Collaborates on internal innovation projects
- Focuses on the professional development of the HW leadership group, is aware of team management, and helps promote culture and morale (in collaboration with HR)
Technical Leadership, Client Work
- Advisor for architecture, technical project planning, and strategic guidance on engineering implementation and delivery
- Contribute to concept, design, and architecture reviews
- Define and guide product architecture and engineering development
- Develop and connect technical roadmaps to measurable outcomes through a deep understanding of business and innovation goals
- Lead through demonstration of design, architecture and engineering best practices
- Focuses on removing obstacles from the team that impedes our ability to deliver results against all thresholds (profit, quality, on time, team & client health)
- Manage risks related to people, technology and processes
- Provide electro-mechanical and software engineering contributions as necessary that conforms to engineering fundamentals and best practices
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Computer Engineering
- Experience implementing robotic and/or IoT solutions at scale. Including aspects of the planning, development, operation, and business functions.
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
- 8+ years’ experience in software development, with special emphasis in robotics application development or related technologies
- Current hands-on implementation experience required
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
- Experience in deep reinforcement learning for locomotion and planning control
- Experience in IoT, machine learning, robotics
- 7+ years experience in a customer-facing role
- Professional experience architecting systems for real world applications and simulation
- Ability to lead effectively across organizations
- Working knowledge of ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012, ANSI B56.5-2012
- Proficiency with SQL, SolidWorks, MS Project, Visio, Azure DevOps, PowerBI
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- High integrity, values-driven Executive Leadership Team
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- HSA / HRA Options to Medical Plans
- Employee Insurance premiums paid by Fresh
- Competitive time-off plans
- Wellness program
- 401K with partial matching
- Training and development programs
- Daily catered lunch
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in action