Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: RF Engineer / Desense testing
Duration: ~2 years
Location: Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
• Evaluate the impact of system noise on the WLAN 802.11abgn/ac and proprietary wireless radios.
• Automated TIS measurements in Bluetest reverberation and Satimo chambers, calibrating test systems.
• Qualify various EMI gasketing and shielding solutions to mitigate noise.
• Disassemble prototype products, change out various internal components, find noise contributors.
• Experiment and make hardware modifications to find and eliminate RF noise issues, e.g. copper tape, soldering, design of experiments, etc.
• Collect data on multiple prototypes to get statistical desense of population.
• Work with automation engineer to automate various types of manual tests.
• Use internal and external automated software programs for data collection.
• Automated (and manual) near-field probing.
• 3+ years hands-on experience with RF equipment, cables, connectors, and antennas.
• Spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, measurement antennas, and reverb or anechoic chambers.
• CMW500 or other signaling test equipment.
• Take apart and reassemble consoles, install EMI gaskets, inspect motherboard, chassis, and other components.
• Ability to organize and collect data for complex configurations of test conditions and DUTs, and communicate exact results to team.
• Run commands and automated tools that require basic cmd usage
• Understanding of wireless system, link budget, TRP and TIS, noise figure, antenna gain and pattern, impedance matching, s-parameters, spurious emissions, shielding, near-field vs far-field.
• Flexible to handle last-minute test needs multi-task multiple requests.
• BSEE or related, experience desired.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.