Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Title: RF Hardware Engineer
Duration: Project Based Long-Term Vendor Contract
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Work closely with product design, electrical and firmware engineers on advancing the state of AR through research and development, prototyping, and implementation in shipping products.
– You will own RF system design from initial definition through production.
– You should have deep experience in consumer electronics (CE) development and wireless technology along with a passion for exploration and experimentation.
– Deliver high performance wireless solutions at optimal BOM costs at low power balanced with appropriate throughput.
– Provide guidance and leadership to RF design activities for internal and external teams.
– Perform multi-radio coexistence mitigation (including RF link budget planning and issue debugging).
– Perform simulations for RF design and desense mitigation (3D EM and circuit level simulations).
– Characterize and debug desense and EMI issues to meet requirements.
– Work closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to ensure meets the specs at the component, board, and system level.
– Design and execute a test methodology for characterizing system performance with external partners and test houses.
– Take the product through development, compliance testing, operator testing.
– 10+ years of experience with design for small form factor designs close to the human body like cell phones, wearables, and tablets.
– Experience with WLAN, BT, GPS and/or LTE radio integrated circuits, modules and standards.
– Experience drafting wireless specifications for wireless products based on PRD and use cases.
– Experience in evaluation and testing of RF IC reference designs for compliance with wireless specification and standards.
– Experience designing radios for consumer electronic devices.
– Experience with PCB layout and schematic capture for RF circuits.
– Experience RF concepts such as impedance matching, Smith Charts.
– Experience integrating radios into very compact form factors.
– Experience using simulation tools such as Ansys Electronics Desktop, Keysight ADS, Genesis or National Instrument Microwave office.
– Experience with prototyping and testing compact RF circuits.
– Experience with Over-the-Air (OTA) measurements using anechoic and/or reverberation chambers and communication analyzers for system testing and analysis.
– Experience with desense and design and implementation of countermeasures for manufacturing.
– Experience with design of RF test fixtures for mass production.
– Experience with lab equipment such as network analyzers, communication testers (CMW 500, Anritsu, etc.), spectrum analyzers, channel emulators, SPEAG SAR equipment, power meters, near field scanners, etc.
– Experience with Cadence Allegro and OrCAD.
– Experience with best design practices for EMI/EMC, ESD and RF signal routing.
– Experience with operator and certification requirements for Cellular, WIFI, BT and GPS.
Education: BSEE, MSEE preferred
-Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
-The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
-We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
-We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
-Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Benefits- Employee benefits at 100% including PTO, holiday pay, 401K Plan and much more!