fFresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com.
Title: RF Engineering Technician
Duration: Project Based Long-Term Vendor Contract
Location: Menlo Park & Fremont, CA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
The Electronics Technician is broadly responsible for fabrication, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, and modifying electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions and customer specifications. This position is in product development and has very dynamic requirements. The candidate needs to be flexible and comfortable with change.
• Performs complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electromechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
• Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
• Conducts complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
• Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions.
• Adjust and replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry and electronics components, using hand tools and soldering iron. Able to install, remove and replace components down to 0201 or smaller.
• Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development areas.
• Assembles experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
• Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
• Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
• Analyzes and interprets test data.
• Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
• Contribute to team effort by performing other tasks as appropriate and/or necessary.
• 5+ years of demonstrated relevant experience. Competency in repairing electronic circuit testing, troubleshooting and manufacturing at component level.
• Must have experience in RF Hardware methodologies, and RF lab equipment such as R&S, Agilent, Anritsu etc.
• Ability to follow and read work instructions, prints, schematics, drawings, etc.
• Strong technical computer system (hardware & software) knowledge.
• Hands-on problem solving style.
• Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
• Self-motivated and self-directed, requiring minimal oversight to meet objectives and timelines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
• Able to pass a background check and drug screen
Education: AA electronics or better.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.