Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate.
We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
We are looking for an experienced Antenna Engineer to help advance the state of the art in AR wireless connectivity. You will be aimed at pushing beyond the state of the art for developing wireless technologies that will enable the future of augmented reality.
RF Antenna Engineer:
- Design antenna solutions and their support circuits for a range of wireless systems that will enable the AR experience with stringent constraints on power, form factor and coverage
- Create the lab infrastructure required to simulate, prototype, and test antennas for the various needs of an AR system
- Drive invention and evolution of RF wireless system architectures to enable incredible experiences for future products
- Collaborate with system, electrical, firmware, validation, product development and software engineers to build amazing products
- Device characterization, calibration, and validation
- Perform link budget calculations
- 10+ years’ experience in antenna design for small form factor designs close to the human body like cell phones, wearables, and tablets
- Design experience with WLAN, or microwave or mmWave phased array antennas
- Knowledge with 3D EM simulation tools such as HFSS, and Wave Propagation software such as Savant
- Knowledge with antenna prototyping tools and techniques
- Knowledge in basic RF concepts such as impedance matching, Smith Charts
- Experience and knowledge with radiation pattern and Over the Air (OTA) measurements for WIFI, BT, Cellular, 4G/5G, GPS, etc. using anechoic and/or reverberation chambers
- Knowledge of body proximity on antenna performance
- Knowledge of wave propagation, current distributions, EM field distributions, etc.
- Knowledge with PCB layout fundamentalsExperienced with designing antennas for consumer electronic devices (GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC, Cellular, WiGig, etc.)
- Experience integrating antennas and solving antenna system issues
- Knowledge of antenna radiation pattern and antenna isolation optimization
- Demonstrated experience of working in a team environment
- Familiarity with RF circuit simulation tools such as Optenni Lab
- Experience with drafting wireless product specifications
- Experience with different antenna manufacturing processes (LDS, FPC, Stamped Metal, etc.)
- Experience with characterization of electrical properties of materials
- Experience with design of antenna fixtures for mass production
- Hands-on with lab equipment such as network analyzers, communication testers (CMW 500, Anritsu, etc.), spectrum analyzers, channel emulators, SPEAG SAR equipment, power meters, near field scanners, etc.
- Understanding of Specific Absorption Rate standards and mitigation techniques
- Experience with troubleshooting issues such as receiver desense, load-pull, etc.
- Experience with best design practices for EMI/EMC, ESD and RF signal routing
- Experience with operator and certification requirements for Cellular, WIFI, BT and GPS
BSEE, MSEE preferred