Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Research Mechanical Engineer
Duration: Project – Long-Term Vendor Role
Location: Bothell, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
This individual will be part of a team of subject matter experts and product champions for all plastics consumables across the division in a supporting role for the operations and quality teams addressing process improvement activities, quality issues, customer complaints, and value engineering initiatives spanning both internal and external manufacturing sites around the globe.
- Serve as core team member on complex, multi-disciplinary project with specific responsibility for design and development of plastics / consumables
- Core team engineering lead for stand-alone plastics produc ts
- Design support for Programs with plastics peripherals
- Design excellence for sustainable, quality and cost-effective New Product Introductions
- Division wide subject matter expert & ‘product owner’ for all plastics
- Support Operations, quality and sourcing on technical issues
- Emphasis on complex consumable medical devices
- Relevant experience managing injection molding suppliers and tool makers
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors, contract manufacturers, and design firms
- Injection molded, machined, and sheet-metal part design
- Injection mold tooling design and procurement
- Understanding Plastics / Injection molding process engineering
- Highly Proficient in SolidWorks or equivalent
- Value engineering and process development
- Negotiation: Ability to work within a highly matrixed organization (Internal)
- Independence: Can work without direct supervision under ambiguous demands within a global organization
- Hands-on can-do attitude: Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves to prototype products, fix issues outside of your scope and always be willing to put yourself in the customers shoes
- Advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents
- Working knowledge of molecular biology, chemistry, and/or biology
- Understanding of phase gate development processes and methodologies across multiple disciplines and subject matters
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Plastics, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related field AND 8 years of hands on product design, product development, and manufacturing experience; OR master’s degree in Mechanical, Plastics, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related field AND 6 years of hands on product design, product development, and manufacturing experience.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.