Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Hardware Automation Engineer
Duration: Project – Long-Term Vendor Role
Location: Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
- The candidate must be an experienced and highly motivated HW Automation Engineer with advanced Python skills.
- Work alongside expert engineers and research scientists to create the technologies that will make AR and VR pervasive and universal. As an Automation Engineer, you will bring together hardware and software systems and develop methodologies for state of the art electronic systems and research prototypes.
- You will be on a team responsible for planning, development, bring-up, and troubleshooting of innovative hardware systems, custom software solutions and highly sophisticated tools.
- Work with cross functional groups (Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, Research Scientists) to understand design and integration requirements and implement workable solutions.
- Develop reusable Python code libraries for communicating with the test instrumentation that is used throughout the company.
- Refine existing Python code and help get the team integrated with the source control and build system.
- Implement novel solutions to automate experiments for the research teams. This may include custom test scripts, algorithm development, GUI development, calibration routines, etc.
- Develop plans, procedures, debug guides and validation reports for the systems that you work on.
- Evaluate test results, identify trends, ensure adequate test coverage and system stability
- Participate in electrical and/or software design reviews
- Clearly communicate implementation plans and results
- 5+ years experience as a HW/Automation Test Engineer.
- Strong fundamentals in programming concepts
- High competency in Python
- Understanding of common unit test modalities and source control fundamentals
- Familiarity with VISA, SCPI and other common communication protocols used by test equipment
- LabVIEW competency is a plus
- Experience in HW or control systems automation
- Understanding of concurrency, race conditions, and synchronization primitives.
- Understanding of basic electrical concepts and common bus protocols (I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Familiarity with electrical test methodologies and test equipment
Education: MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Benefits- Employee benefits at 100% including PTO, holiday pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.