Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Project Manager – Agile Technologies
The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams. The goals are to achieve a high level of performance and quality and deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
This position is for local candidates only within the western WA/Seattle/Portland metro areas. This is not a 100% remote role.
- Act in a consultative role to put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools, to improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects
- Champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
Skills & Qualifications
- Be a strategic coach, trainer and facilitator.
- Be a change management expert: tasked with rallying the entire organization around agile project management, ushering new processes, and communicating with company stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage time.
- The ability to thrive and remain calm under pressure and to be productive in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
- Superior critical thinking capabilities, including the ability to think on his or her feet
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Detail oriented, analytical, inquisitive, and research oriented with strong problem-solving skills and a focus on report building, listening, and questioning
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Willingness and ability to travel
Education & Experience
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required
- Experience in Agile Projects within multi-departmental integration of systems and high-volume end-user management.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent
- Proven experience in project management and budget management experience
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.