We are Fresh. Together let’s build the future. With partners and clients, we practice strategy, design, development, and engineering to harness the power of technology and create what’s next.
Our cross-disciplinary approach blends human ingenuity and technology, empowering us to meet uncertainty with confidence. What got us to today won’t get us to tomorrow, so we test our assumptions and always strive for growth. From the products we build to the partners we collaborate with, we believe people make the difference.
And we do so as a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Why join Fresh?
Fresh Consulting is a fast-paced, design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX Designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
What we need:
Fresh Consulting is seeking an experienced (Project Management Office (PMO) Hub Manager who believes that a problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. Does leading a team in a mission-based innovation company excite you? We are an innovation organization on a transitional journey, moving from a traditional project execution model to a scalable, hybrid project/product framework with our clients. We are looking for an operationally-minded Project Management professional that is passionate about enabling organizations to execute on business strategy and lead a transformation.
Reporting to our new COO, the PMO Hub Manager will interface multi-functionally with Project Management professionals that are embedded in our Hardware, Software, and Strategy & Design Practice teams. Primary responsibilities of this role include creating, maintaining, and promoting scalable best practices, ensuring comprehensive project metrics, and providing guidance to Project Management professionals running projects on a daily basis. This role requires a high degree of internal relationship building, leading through influence, collaboration, and a strong understanding of project, portfolio, and product management frameworks. Ultimately, this person is both a function lead and a practitioner forming the PMO as a Center of Excellence (CoE).
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Functional Subject Matter Expert
- Collaborate with the COO in crafting and managing the successful implementation of the Fresh PMO CoE strategy, responsibilities, services, and deliverables.
- Ensure collaborative and consistent planning processes for project and product functional planning across the organization.
- Understand and balance the needs of different practices and project delivery modes, as appropriate.
- Identify and drive improvements in the portfolio-level processes to increase delivery quality, program cycle time, and development costs.
- Hold the organization accountable for setting realistic commitments around process development by addressing or escalating internal issues and recommendations.
- PPM System Champion
- Enable the administration, adoption, support, and mastery of our recently-released Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) platform, Wrike.
- Track and report on overall project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects leveraging Wrike.
Escalation Point & Thought Partner
- Provide hands-on PM peer coaching in collaboration across all roles and functions to facilitate increasing velocity at a sustainable pace.
- Provide guidance on review requirements, business process models, specifications, configuration changes, and recommendations related to proposed technical solutions for purposes of identifying gaps and improving the methodology.
- Identify risks to execution and partner with PMs to develop mitigation plans to ensure successful delivery.
- Communicate frequently and capably with a diverse audience, tailoring channel and message needs, and desired outcomes.
PM Governance Consultant
- Define, design, deliver, and iterate scalable templates, embed project controls, and governance that support each of our respective PA’s mission, innovation, and success.
- Establish best practices and tools to manage changes to the program scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate multi-disciplinary project/program management methods and methodologies.
Desired Attributes of the PMO Manager Role at Fresh:
- Drives and manages change effectively
- Ability to thrive in a large and diverse organization
- Leadership skills (a Servant Leader)
- Relational Skills (High EQ)
- Practice getting work done in partnership with others
- Teamwork-centric – must be able to lead inter-company and cross-functional teams to meet objectives
- Ability to influence others – is very skilled and comfortable informing and leading others to action on key initiatives
- Organizational agility – must possess the ability to interface with and influence all levels of the organization and across functional boundaries
- Organized, resourceful, and creative with excellent time management skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills – The ability to turn conflict or friction into ‘win-win’ scenarios
- An established track record of excellent follow-through and accountability
- Experience working with multiple project management frameworks/methodologies, including waterfall, agile, SAFe, and hybrid
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ years of Project Management, Process Management, or Engineering Services delivery experience.
- 4+ years of Agile project and program management experience.
- Product development lifecycle (PLM) experience.
- Experience launching new products and programs, understanding how to structure and scale product and service organizations.
- Strong experience driving the full product lifecycle, including defining and hitting success metrics, in a startup-like atmosphere with a design, hardware, software development lifecycle, or product development background.
- Experience communicating and representing work to senior leadership and framing discussions to gain valuable feedback and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Systems thinker, with a quantitative approach to problem-solving, and a collaborative implementer of holistic solutions.
- PMP, Lean, Agile, or SAFe certification preferred
For a Washington-State-based role, the base salary hiring range for this position is $145,000 to $170,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in action