Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: PCB Layout Design Engineer
Duration: Project – Long-Term Vendor Contract
Location: Redmond, WA/Remote
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Work with the Electrical Engineering hardware team to provide PCB board design.
– Layout complex multilayer printed circuit boards containing analog, digital, RF, and power components.
– Create and manage PCB documentation including fabrication and assembly packages, such as Gerber, ODB, BoM, fab and assembly drawings.
– Interface with board fabrication vendor to select proper materials and stack-up, use correct impedance and DFX rulesets. Work with assembly vendors to supply data and seek assembly design requirements.
– Resolve DFM and manufacturing related issues.
– Work with hardware engineers and document control department to release fab and assembly packages into company-wide PLM system. Author ECO’s if necessary.
– Work closely with ECAD librarian on maintaining and expanding company-wide library.
– 7+ years of PCB design experience using Cadence Allegro tool sets.
– Experience with HDI design. Knowledge of multilayer PCB layout, fabrication and assembly techniques including blind/buried vias, and microvias.
– Experience with Rigid, Flex, and Rigid-Flex boards design and manufacturing.
– Experience in PCB layout design constraints for mixed/RF signal, high speed signal impedance control, memory interfaces, power distribution, heat dissipation, and optimization for EMI performance.
– Knowledge of IPC, JEDEC, IEEE, and other electronic standards.
– Experience interpreting datasheets and schematics, generating netlists and constraints, and using schematic for layout and routing reference.
– Experience with PLM system such as Agile.
– Experience in cost effective consumer electronics design.
– Knowledge in EMC compliance, environmental safety compliance.
Education: BS in EE or equivalent experience.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.