Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: PCB Designer
Duration: 6 months with high possibly of extension
Location: Remote in any of these areas only – WA, OR, CA, AZ, UT, TX, IN, IL, NY
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Design and development of complex detailed rigid, semi-rigid, and flexible printed circuits using CAD and CAE tools.
– Create part footprint in conjunction with PCB Librarian.
– Take responsibility for PCB outline and layer setup; component placement and signal routing.
– Interface with board fabrication vendor to select and use correct impedance rules, DFM and DFT rulesets.
– Work with hardware engineers, PCB designers and fabricators for development and sustainability of actual products.
– Implement signal and power system layout on the PCB and meet electrical design targets.
– Review design with ME team and vendors to ensure that design meet DFM and DFA requirements, and release design on time.
– Keep up with, and develop comprehensive knowledge of, industry standards and technologies.
– Proactive in implementing new PCB technologies and processes.
– 4 years of Computer-aided Design (CAD) or Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design experience.
– Experience with mechanical design.
– Experienced with state of the art PCB design tools and methodology.
– Experience with Cadence and Allegro tools.
– Proficient with high-speed board designs or layouts; familiar with high density ball-grid array’s (BGA), and blind and buried via’s.
– Familiarity with all phases of hardware development including: schematic entry, manually generated constraints, requirements of the constraints and board layout.
– Familiarity with signal integrity layout requirements such as impedance control and signal isolation.
– Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and effective written and verbal communication skills.
– Good communication with cross-function team, proactive work attitude and “yes we can”.
– PCB design and library management experience, using Cadence OrCAD tool sets.
– Experience with HDI design. Knowledge of multilayer PCB layout, fabrication and assembly techniques including blind/buried vias, and micro-vias.
– Experience with flex PCB designs, Knowledge of flex design rules including Coverlay, Stiffener, EMI_shielding, Bend design etc.
Highly Preferred Skills:
– Experience in PCB layout design constraints for mixed/RF signal, high speed signal impedance control, memory interfaces, power distribution, heat dissipation, and optimization for EMI performance.
– Experience with Rigid, Flex, and Rigid-Flex boards design and manufacturing.
– Competent in reading datasheets and schematics, generating netlists and constraints, and using schematic for layout and routing reference.
– Knowledge and understanding of IPC, JEDEC, IEEE, and other electronic standards.
– Experience with PLM system such as Agile or Arena.
– Experience in cost effective consumer electronics design.
– Knowledge in EMC compliance, environmental safety compliance will be added advantage.
Education: BSEE or equivalent practical experience.
***Must be authorized to work with no visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future***
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united
together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.