Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Opto-ME Prototype Engineer
Duration: Project Based Long-Term Vendor Contract
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Experienced and highly self-motivated Optical Prototype Engineer.
– As an Optical Prototype Engineer, you will work closely with Optical Product Design Engineers and Optical Engineers to develop functional concept prototypes and optical/mechanical sub-systems.
– You must demonstrate an understanding of technical skills and knowledge in a variety of prototyping processes at a consistent high-level of robustness and speed.
– This position requires strong conceptual development and the proficient use of various manufacturing processes and their correct implementation within the prototype path.
– You must be able to work independently, have a high attention to detail, be customer oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills.
– You also need to have good working knowledge and ability to take working files or conceptual ideas and develop them through to completion.
– You are well organized and have strong communication skills.
– The team is responsible for technology development and maturation, component design, novel manufacturing processes and metrology development, and system integration of display and optics.
– Use your fabrication and assembly experiences to support delivering optics test vehicles.
– Create prototypes of concepts and test jigs for optical evaluation, presentation and technology studies.
– Own engineering activities for a major assembly or entire test vehicle throughout the development cycle, from definition and creation, through design, prototype, and implementation.
– Review requirements with the engineers groups, proactively identify issues, and suggest solutions.
– Participate in all aspects of the design, prototyping, integration, and productization process.
– Work closely with Optical Product Design Engineers, Optical Engineers to identify, define, develop, test, and deploy state of the art optics prototype.
– 3+ years of experience in 3D modeling in Solidworks, ProE or NX (NX preferred)
– Experience with head-mounted display.
– Experience with camera mechanical design.
– Hands-on experience and knowledge of the full spectrum of the prototype development process, such as: 3D printing, CNC machining, molding, casting, functional prototypes, electrical integration, finishes at a production-level appearance
– Experience in working with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product Design, Research, etc
– Experience of understanding technical and engineering designs
– Experience of devising and constructing tools, dies, molds, jigs, and fixtures, or modify existing tools and equipment to achieve desired outcome
– Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills to work across teams.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Logical and creative thinking.
– Energy and drive to work in a startup environment.
Education: BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with 4+ years of experience; or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related technical discipline with 2+ years of experience.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.