Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Duration: Project – Long-Term Vendor Role
Location: Bothell, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
- Lead the product design and mechanical engineering from concept to production, with a strong emphasis on rapid prototyping and proof of concept testing during the early stages of development
- Develop product requirements and translate them to system requirements with subsystem and part level design specifications
- Design products and components that are easy to use, simple to produce (DFM, VE), and practical to maintain
- Design fixtures for test and assembly of mechanical and electrical components
- Support a sustainable production environment with well-considered designs and rapid response to manufacturing feedback
- Rigorously document part designs, assembly processes, and methods of operation to support manufacturing and future designs changes.
- Support an integrated engineering community by participating in concept and design reviews both within and outside of your discipline
- Apply engineering and tolerance best practices (GD&T) to innovative designs in areas such as Optics, Mechanics, and Motion Control.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Experience leading and driving product development processes
- Ability to advance projects with minimal oversight
- Hands-on experience assembling physical prototypes
- Must be able to effectively communicate design goals and product specification to management and peers
- Strong proficiency with SolidWorks
- Strong general computer literacy
- Experience working with optical systems and/or opto-mechanical designs
- Experience or knowledge of microfluidic systems
Education: BSME, MSME preferred.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.