Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Optical Metrology Tech/Engineer
Duration: Project Based Long-Term Vendor Contract
Location: Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Define, design and develop optical metrology solutions including hardware engineering, test software implementation, and instrument qualification.
– Derive requirements for optical instruments, through analytics and numerical models
– Collect and perform statistical analysis on metrology data to correlate to performance metrics.
– Collaborate with team environment across a diverse set of disciplines including optical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science and physics.
– Analyze problems that arise in optical/material testing and develop mitigation strategies
– Building metrology setup and performing the optical metrology tests, system checks and maintenance
– Performing optical reliability tests
– Data analysis and presentation
– Design and implement complex optical test experiments under the direction of senior optical test engineers.
– Setup and execute optical validation tests per written procedure or instruction.
– Perform data analysis and test results summary for presentation to the broader team. Generate formal test reports as needed.
– Positive outlook and eager to stepping into uncharted technology space and work hard to deliver solutions in a timely fashion
– 5+ years experience in Optical Science, Optical Engineering, Physics, Applied Physics or related field.
– Experience in designing and developing a metrology system, including its optics/SW/EE sub-system
– Direct hands-on experiences on working with optical system, measurement system analysis (GRR, ARR), failure analysis
– In-depth knowledge of imaging optics, image quality metrics, optical instrument, sensor physics
– Experience in test automation (instrument control, data collection and analysis) using at least one scripting programming language e.g. MATLAB or Python.
– Proficiency in data analysis using Matlab or similar software
– Being comfortable with python and have image processing experience.
– In-depth knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
– Experience in image processing and algorithm development.
– Rich knowledge of GD&T, tolerance stack up analysis, metrology design, 6 sigma & failure analysis.
Education: B.S Optics, EE or related field.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.