Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Title: Optical Engineer
Duration: Project Based Long-Term Vendor Contract
Location: Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week Onsite in Redmond, WA.
Proof of vaccination is required.
The Candidate – The engineer will be working on testing and debugging of advanced optical components and modules; as well as some optical system modeling.
• Working on testing and metrology capabilities for a broad range of optical parameters for imaging and non-imaging systems.
• Build and qualify test equipment for optical performance measurement of novel components, modules and sub-assemblies.
• Build and prototyping novel optical systems in an optical lab with small volumes.
• Work with optical designers to create test plans for component and system validation.
• Debug and trouble-shooting issues with fabricated components and assess viability in terms of product requirements.
• Some background in optical systems and characterization methods.
• Combination of education and experience in the research, development, and integration of optical systems or components including, but not limited to, imaging and display systems.
• Knowledge of basic optical system including imaging system, image quality, image quality validation.
• Knowledge of optics including systems design and integration, imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics, and statistics.
• Experience in one or more system optimization and analysis tools, such as MATLAB, C++, or Python.
• Hands on experience in an optical lab setting.
• Background in development of test automation using LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python or another program which enables custom analysis and automation of metrology.
• Experience managing hardware development or rapid prototyping projects.
• Knowledge and experience with color science and visual/geometric optics.
• Familiarity with optical metrology tools such as interferometry, image quality testing, etc.
Education: MSEE or Physics, or equivalent.
-Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
-The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
-We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
-We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
-Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Benefits- Employee benefits at 100% including PTO, holiday pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.