Fresh, brings together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
- We are looking for an Optical Systems Characterization Engineer to evaluate the optical properties in the HMD optical design which affect visual perception and comfort.
- This work involves characterizing optical performance of systems and subcomponents with optical measurements that are designed to quantify visual figures of merit.
- Must have a detailed understanding of optical hardware engineering, metrology, and hands-on experience with optical characterization, and validation processes.
- In addition this role includes the bring-up of SW content and VR SDK set up.
- The candidate is expected to work in a fast-paced environment, work cross-functionally especially with metrology development efforts.
- The capability to drive vendors in the development of equipment is expected.
- We are looking for a team-oriented, self-driven individual with a strong technical background, growth-minded and creative aptitude.
- Create and own optical characterization and validation plans and measurement requirements, including detailed documentation
- Work with metrology engineers on tester calibration and validation – qualify testers with statistical data analysis including image analysis
- Perform measurement and analysis on VR optical modules and systems.
- Present conclusive results and assess optical performance given design goals and product requirements
- Provide actionable recommendations and relevant failure analysis to debug or root cause issues
- Create/drive simple VR content to run on prototypes to support visual evaluation
- Use internal SDK tools for SW-customization of image rendering
- 3-5 years of engineering in optical technologies, preferably with some hands-on industrial experience with AR/VR products
- Hands-on characterization experience of optical test systems: experience performing testing and validation of optical (or equivalent) systems and components
- Experience with Android kernel.
- Understanding of optical metrology fundamentals, especially with regards to optical imaging.
- Knowledge of colorimetry, photometry and optical lens test systems
- Excellent data analytical skills and image analysis skills required. High proficiency with analysis tools such as Python, Matlab, C, Minitab or JMP is required.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills with hands-on experience in optical systems failure analysis
- Hands-on experience with optical instrumentation and test algorithm development preferred
- Working knowledge of VR content generation e.g. Unity is preferred
- Experience with mobile-based SDK for image rendering is a bonus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-orientated, and self-directed individual, with little supervision necessary
Education: MS or BS in a relevant engineering field (e.g. optics, ME, EE, physics).
- Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
- The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
- We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
- We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
- Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Benefits- Employee benefits at 100% including PTO, holiday pay, 401K Plan and much more!