Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Duration: 1 year with high possibly of extension
Location: Onsite in Redmond, WA or Seattle, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Use your expertise in problem solving and prototyping to accelerate product development across the hardware organization.
– Collaborate with teams within Hardware Engineering, Research and Development, and Industrial Design.
– Work at every stage of the hardware lifecycle with a particular focus on concept ideation and early-to-mid stage development.
– Work with minimal guidance, demonstrate a high attention to detail, and possess strong problem-solving skills.
– Be a self-starter, well-organized and have excellent communication skills.
– Collaborate with our team and engineering teams to solve complex design and UX challenges, employing mechanical and electro-mechanical design and fabrication skills
– Design and build prototypes to the appropriate level of fidelity, considering product requirements goals, and constraints with an outlook on how prototyping decisions translate into production.
– Effectively employ computer aided design (CAD), sketching, and prototyping to clearly communicate design ideas and concept directions.
– Drive large scale integrated project work and establish achievable schedule and interim milestones for team members to deliver against project requirements.
– Communicate constraints, progress, and other critical project information to partner teams.
– Leverage both internal and external manufacturing resources to produce deliverables to an appropriate level of fidelity.
– Design and finish concepts to rigorous cosmetic / aesthetic requirements.
– Ability to execute multiple streams of work simultaneously and independently balance and prioritize project workload to ensure success against timeline constraints.
– Expertise in both designing and building functional prototypes, including proficiency in integrated design, CAD, rapid prototyping and fabrication processes as well as a thorough understanding of when and how to implement the appropriate processes to provide robust applied solutions. You will work at every stage of the hardware lifecycle with a particular focus on concept ideation and early-to-mid stage development.
– 3 years of experience in a hands-on Engineering/Design role in a multi-disciplinary team with experience in consumer electronics and product development.
– Experience executing at a systems-level and working across a cross-functional organization including Engineering, Industrial Design, Research, etc.
– Experience designing prototypes with production feasibility in mind.
– Hands-on experience and knowledge of prototype development processes, including: rapid prototyping, 3D printing, CNC machining, molding, casting, electrical prototyping, electromechanical integration.
– CAD experience (NX, SolidWorks, Fusion 360, Rhino,), including design of complex mechanical systems, integration of electrical assemblies and manipulation of complex ID surface geometry.
– Experience working closely with Electrical Engineering, with an understanding of how to prototype and integrate PCBs and electrical assemblies into mechanical systems.
– 3-7 years of product development experience, including early-stage conceptual design, detailed design for manufacturing and assembly at low-to-mid volumes, hands-on prototyping experience.
– Experience leading a multidisciplinary product engineering team, with oversight into mechanical, electrical, and firmware workstreams and integration between disciplines.
– Experience with tolerancing techniques and rigorous precision design requirements in optics, machine design, motion control, mechanisms.
– Systems-level engineering experience with complex integrated electromechanical assemblies.
– Experience with working models with rigorous cosmetic and aesthetic requirements.
– Familiarity with camera modules and optical systems.
– Experience working with manufacturing vendors.
– Experience in NX CAD modeling system, and Team Center PDM.
Education: BSME or equivalent experience.
***Must be authorized to work with no visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future***
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united
together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.