Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Research Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Duration: Project Based Long-Term Vendor Contract
Location: Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– 7 years industry experience as Mechanical engineer.
– Solidworks or equivalent CAD design experience.
– Experience with GD&T.
– Hands on experience building prototypes and test systems.
– Thrives in fast-paced, high ambiguity environments.
– Knowledge of common engineering polymers.
– Low volume (prototype) plastic – casting, dip molding, injection molding, bonding, ultrasonic welding and vacuum forming.
– Precision tooling experience.
– CAD surface generation and modeling.
– Opto-mechanical experience.
– Rapid prototyping/3d printing processes and selection.
– Data acquisition and testing/metrology in laboratory environment.
– Finite element analysis – Structural, thermal.
– Design of custom opto-mechanical mounts of static and multi-axis mounts, understanding of thermal/structural effects of optical systems, working understanding of structural thermal optical analysis (STOP), SigFit and Ansys.
– Working knowledge of Labview, MATLAB, Scripting for common programming languages.
Education: BSME, MSME preferred.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.