Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines.
For three years in a row, Fresh Consulting has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies on the Eastside, including the #1 fastest growing business on the Eastside in 2018. In three of the last four years Seattle Business Magazine recognized us as one of the Best Places to Work in Washington. We want to continue our trend as a choice employer and service provider.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. See more at freshconsulting.com
Are you a talented Mechanical Engineer who wants to join a collaborative team of consultants delivering results across multiple verticals and technology platforms for mid-size and enterprise clients? At Fresh Consulting you will experience a dynamic work environment with a talented team, excellent benefits, and an innovative culture.
- Develop detailed mechanical designs for complex systems
- Create and manage models in SolidWorks
- Build and test prototypes
- Design and conduct tests to validate design compliance to requirements
- Prepare and deliver design reviews
- Collaborate with systems, electrical, optical, and software engineers to integrate subsystems into designs
- Contribute to multiple simultaneous projects of varying scope
- Bachelor’s degree in BSME, MSME preferred, Mechatronics, Robotics & Controls emphasis preferred
- 3+ years of mechanical design of industrial automated machines/equipment, food processing and/or packaging equipment
- Designing various prototypes, 2D drawings.
- Expert in CAD, love design and concept generation.
- Experience with building prototypes, CNC machined and rapid prototyping, fast iterations etc.
- Experience with Solidworks or similar software.
- Able to effectively communicate with project managers and engineering leaders.
- Strong familiarity with common mechanical components including springs, bearings, gearboxes, linear guidance, etc.
- Experience with food processing
- Experience with electric motors and drives (DC brushed, DC brushless, AC, etc.)
- Hands-on – willing to work with hands when needed.
- PDM proficiency
- Extensive knowledge of instrumentation including load cells, prox. switches, laser distance sensors, etc.
- Working knowledge of safety systems & risk assessments
- Communication Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Work Ethic
Education: Bachelor’s degree in BSME, MSME preferred, Mechatronics, Robotics & Controls emphasis preferred
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made, or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities