Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Mechanical Engineer (Brittle/Plastics)
Duration: Project – Long-Term Vendor
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
The Candidate: You work on the display module design, as well as to support the module-level mechanical characterization test.
• Work with the display module and cross-functional teams to implement mechanical design.
• 2D drafting and 3D modeling in Siemens NX for component (including optical films and PCB/FPC) and assembly design.
• Support MCO release, print release and ECR in Teamcenter.
• Perform tolerance study at component level and assembly level.
• Generate test plans and procedures for mechanical test (e.g., pull, compression, bending, drop, etc)
• Perform the mechanical test, summarize test data and conduct failure analysis if needed.
• Build and manage test equipment in the lab.
• Design and assemble test fixtures, operation of mechanical test equipment.
• Conduct benchmark study through teardown, cross-section, inspection and measurement, etc.
• 3+ years of experience in mechanical test for brittle and plastic materials.
• Handy on 2D drafting and 3D modeling with 3+ years of experience or 2000+ hours of design experience in Siemens NX and Teamcenter.
• Similar experience with other CAD and PDM tools including Creo, Pro/E and Solidworks will be considered.
• Proficient in tolerance analysis and familiar with GD&T.
• At lease 2 years of product design experience for parts from injection molding, sheet metal stamping, die cutting, etc.
• Experience and knowledge about PCB/FPC design and fabrication (e.g., stackup, layout, components, connectors, etc.).
• At lease 2 years of experience running standard and customized mechanical tests, including fixture design and test SOP development.
• Ability to interpret testing results against applicable quality standards and perform failure analysis to understand the failure mode.
• Familiar with basic structural, thermal, and modal analysis.
• Familiar with statistical analysis tools including Minitab.
• Knowledge and experience on Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and tools.
• Knowledge of additional CAD systems.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.