Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Materials Test Technician/Engineer
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Location: Onsite in Seattle, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
Must be onsite working in the labs in Seattle, WA. Proof of vaccination required.
• Ability to evaluate materials performance for consumer products at scale.
• Carefully evaluate materials and generate coupon and form-factor data to guide hardware teams to select optimal materials.
• Characterize materials (primarily plastics and other polymers) in a laboratory setting.
• Prepare sample coupons for testing and assist with coupon inventory and handling.
• Work cross-functionally with engineers to develop characterization techniques and fixture methodology to correlate coupon and system level data.
• Work with vendors and lab managers to commission new equipment.
• Work with vendors and lab managers to maintain, calibrate, and upgrade existing equipment.
• Follow established safety and best practices protocols to ensure a safe and organized lab.
• 2-5+ years experience working in test facilities evaluating materials or technologies such as plastics etc.
• Excellent organization skills and an eye for detail.
• Ability to optimize and execute materials testing carefully and efficiently.
• Background in testing and characterization techniques.
• Experience working in a hardware laboratory.
• Experience with preparing material coupons for testing.
• Ability to operate carefully and methodically to ensure repeatable results.
• Experience operating in accordance with standardized test methods including ASTM and ISO.
• Experience with some or all of the following characterization techniques:
o Mechanical testing: tension/compression, 3-point bend, lap shear, etc.
o Hardness/impact tests (Izod, multi-axial impact)
o DMA, Rheometry
o DSC, TGA, TMA, thermal diffusivity
o Experience with preparing material sample coupons for testing
Education: B.S in materials science, chemical engineering, chemistry, physics, mechanical engineering or a related field OR associates degree with appropriate experience.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.