Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Work in a team environment as a key resource for the engineering project teams to manage materials vendor relationships and track strategic (custom-fabricated) parts that our mechanical and electrical engineering teams design for our client projects, as well as off the shelf parts from our vendors, becoming the conduit between Fresh and the supplier to contribute to timely project delivery. The Materials Procurement Specialist will drive materials purchases to facilitate manufacturing and assembly of prototype and custom designed devices, in a timely manner to meet our client quality and timeline expectations.
Responsibilities will include:
- cross-functional procurement management to order strategic and off the shelf parts, engineering and technician tools and equipment and other engineering project materials
- partnering with PM/engineering team to develop and coordinate materials drive schedule
- supporting logistics issues with vendors (proactively keeping PMs up to date on changes to material arrival dates from vendors).
This individual should expect to work on multiple phases/project sub-tasks or projects in their entirety, of moderate complexity. Their work will have a direct impact on project completion.
- Procurement that supports timely device manufacturing, assembly and delivery
- Supplier & Vendor Management including vendor setup and qualification
- Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule and fabrication/material quality.
- Create and manage purchase orders for off the shelf and custom hardware components and other materials.
- Track order status and delivery
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule so as to ensure on-time deliveries of final product.
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and parts.
- Track + proactively report Purchase Order status
- Proactively coordinate and problem solve with project management, engineering and finance
- BOM tracking and inventory management for builds
- Maintain standard parts kanban inventory.
- Create monthly procurement and fabrication vendor performance reviews and reports focusing on overall sourcing requirements, metrics and performance to commitments.
- Train project teams on effective HW material procurement processes and strategy.
Other Skills and Duties:
- MS Office
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Proactive, show initiative and follow through and own the tasks
- Procurement Experience in a manufacturing or technical environment desired
- Exposure to engineering or manufacturing processes (desired)
- Timeliness, Operating under time-constraints, within a schedule, etc.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.