Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Materials Engineer (Brittle Materials)
Duration: 6 months with high possibly of extension
Location: Onsite in Sunnyvale, CA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
Being onsite and proof of vaccination is required.
– Understand product roadmap and identify risks and opportunities related to brittle materials such as glass and ceramics.
– Support technical program leaders in the development of new technologies and remove material barriers from the path to commercialization.
– Able to drive new technologies development independently w/ minimum guidance, to improve material reliability and performance for different use cases in future AR/VR devices, either internally or with external partners.
– Define and execute testing and evaluation of glass and ceramic material to determine performance and drive material selection of products.
– Provide glass and ceramic material expertise throughout the product development process.
– Work with cross functional teams to design and set up new test vehicles either in house or at vendor site when needed to evaluate and select materials.
– Define and execute testing and evaluation of materials to determine performance and drive material selection.
– Seamlessly transition materials technology to high volume production at suppliers.
– 7+ years of experience with glass.
– Experience with various glass manufacturing and chemical strengthening processes (including sheet glass) and finishing technologies including polishing, texturing, etching, printing, film lamination etc.
– Experience with characterization and FA analysis of glass and ceramic materials.
– Experience leading R&D projects developing, testing and validating improved glass or ceramic materials.
– Experience working in large cross-functional projects teams.
– Experience thriving in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage ambiguity.
– Experience working with and driving glass manufacturers and suppliers.
– Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
– Ability to plan and work independently with minimal supervision.
– 10+ years of experience with glass and ceramics.
– Experience developing and shipping custom glass and/or ceramic material in production or a product.
– Experience leading multiple R&D projects with cross functional teams to improve process or formulation of glass or ceramics.
– Ability to influence material and/or process selection decisions with cross functional teams.
Education: B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other relevant degree.
Preferred Education: M.S. or Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering.
***Must be authorized to work with no visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future***
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united
together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.